|Location:||Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Los Angeles, California, New York, New York, Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Specialist Sales Manager Global Black Belt Azure Data & AI is a senior leader within our enterprise sales organization. The role leads, develops and manages teams of high performing Specialists and Technical Specialists in the Global Black Belt team. These sellers are assigned Data and AI (Artificial Intelligence) Azure Advanced Workloads working with Microsoft’s customers and partners to enable and accelerate their digital transformations to the cloud.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- 50% - Develops and coaches high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization,
- 30% - Builds and transform new markets and identify and capitalize and lead transformational shifts in our customers by maintaining a customer and partner network and build credibility as a domain `thought-leader’ representing Microsoft in events.
- 20% - Disciplined in business-management; adaptable to a culture of accountability; build a strong and active business network; Meet consumption targets by coaching sellers through the process of identifying and qualifying migration, optimization, modernization, and advanced workload opportunities. Drive adoption of sales strategies, campaigns and resources, and best practices to develop and drive these engagements. Effectively drive customer readiness and planning for the cloud journey
- Experienced. 10+ years of experience developing high-performing enterprise software platform sales teams and a proven track record of exceeding team quotas/targets at Microsoft or cloud competitor in areas involving cloud platforms preferred.
- Management. Successful management of large-scale, complex deal cycles at Fortune 1000 accounts.
- Leader. Coaching direct reports in pipeline management, opportunity management, and account planning.
- Collaborative. Strong relationship-building and negotiation skills.
- Excellent Communicator. Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to mentor others.
- Possess both business acumen and cloud application and infrastructure-related technology knowledge to connect how customer business issues impact their IT environments.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling preferred.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Additional training or education in enterprise application architecture on cloud preferred