|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Gaming Developer Experiences Team is looking for a passionate engineer. Passionate for technology, code and reliability; passion for customers and experiences, and passionate for creating the best team and workplace possible. We are looking for creative engineers to innovate and craft software for our vibrant developer community. You will work side by side with our client and service teams and gaming partners to build a positive and fun working environment, while growing your career in the process
We are a group of phenomenal engineers who build the services developers (game studios) use to provide in-game experiences (e.g. matchmaking, lobbies, achievements, leaderboards) to their own customers. The software you build will enable those developers to deliver games more easily to new and existing gamers on all their favorite devices - everywhere in the world. We make service integration easy so game developers can focus on delighting customers with innovative and compelling game experiences.
The Gaming Developer Experiences Team is an extraordinary place to work - for anyone with a real passion for understanding our current and future gaming fans. It is a place where we recognize that we are better when we work together, and better still when we lift and grow one another. We are made stronger by our array of dynamic perspectives and ideas. And we have fun - a lot of fun. You should join us
- Develop new (mostly backend) online services and integrate them across multiple platforms and with Azure.
- Solve complex problems that drive innovation and allow for a faster response to evolving partner requirements.
- Design, build, test, debug and ship sustainably scalable quality services that are used by 100s of millions of users every day.
- Use your social skills to collaborate with teammates, internal and external game developers and partners.
- Make everyone around you better.
- You will be an active participant in a community of creativity, inclusion, and respect.
The diverse perspective you bring drives our business, and you are empowered to decide how we will all succeed
- 2+ years programming in 1 or more of C#, C, C++, Java.
- 2+ years of experience delivering quality software within a professional organization.
- Familiarity with cloud services and components (compute, storage, etc.).
- A deep understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, threading, synchronization).
- You are an ambitious teammate who is passionate about learning, sharing knowledge, and making your teammates successful.
- You are creative and have strong design, development, and collaboration skills.
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.