|Job Type:||Full Time|
Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is building the Microsoft IoT platform which will support a commanding share of the 50 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade.
As the Internet of Things continues to grow and billions of devices get connected, compute is moving from the cloud to the edge. Running cloud compute on the edge enables processing of high frequency data and reacting to inputs with low latency, while also ensuring business continuity when connectivity is not guaranteed or not available. The Azure IoT Edge platform streamlines connecting IoT device and managing them at scale in a secure manner from the Cloud. It enables connected devices to function in transiently connected networks and offers local compute for intelligent data processing and low latency control logic at the edge.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Engineer to join the Azure IoT Edge team and help define our roadmap to serve high profile customers. You will be part of the team that will help define the strategy to extend Cloud workloads to the Edge, enable or facilitate a seamless operational experience for cloud and devices, design and develop new programming paradigms, build mission critical technology that is being deployed in smart factories, automotive, smart buildings, and many other scenarios.
- Work with senior leadership of Azure IoT organization to define technology roadmap for Azure IoT Edge
- Design and develop innovative solutions for connectivity and security
- Design and develop highly available services for Edge devices on Linux and Windows
- Connect with major customers in the industry to both diagnose and provide solutions for their technical scenarios
- Participate in coaching and mentoring activities for the Edge team and the Azure IoT organization
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- Proven ability to work across team boundaries to drive successful large-scale, cross-organizational initiatives
- Proven ability to deliver innovative and durable solutions for ambiguous problems
- Excellent communications skills and proven track record of successful customer engagements
- Proven ability to drive adoption of effective processes and engineering practices
- Extensive design experience and fluency in design patterns for both client and micro-services, with attention to security, reliability and scalability
Master’s degree in computer science or a related field
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.