|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Experience & Success
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
Are you interested in the cloud business? Are you motivated by customer success? The Azure PAAS Dev Support team is strategic to Microsoft enabling customers to develop, test, and deploy solutions in the cloud. Azure is a growing leader in the cloud market with Azure Support enabling customer success and providing a key differentiator when customers make buying decisions.
The opportunity for you is to be part of the evolution of Azure and cloud support services, to be constantly challenged as the Platform expands to provide broader capabilities to customers, support customers using a service rather than on-premise Microsoft products, and to work in collaboration with multiple Microsoft teams, including product group engineering and operations.
Microsoft Azure’s open cloud platform enables customers to quickly build scalable always up cloud services. As a Support Engineer on the “Azure Developer Support Team” within Global Business Support, you will work directly with developer customers who range from small software developers to global Fortune 100 corporations. You will be a member of an exciting team that solves challenging Microsoft Azure cloud service problems. You will work with other engineers to debug, troubleshoot, correct code, and help resolve customer issues.
- Leverage the people and resources put at your disposition to speed the resolution of the customers issue. Time is of the essence in the cloud.
- Analyze customers Azure problems and develop solutions to meet their needs. This will involve debugging, troubleshooting, correcting code, and taking responsibility to see that the issue is fully resolved.
- Communicate technically complex information with Microsoft’s developer customers via email, telephone, and electronic services.
- Working with customers when their site is down requiring calm empathy. Results will be measured via customer surveys.
- Continually learn technologies and develop deep expertise then share that knowledge with the team. The objective is to grow into a subject matter expert in one of the many areas of Microsoft Azure: compute, storage, cache, or service bus, service fabric (microservice).
- Document work completed, and time spent on customer issues.
- Create advanced technical content including Blog articles, samples, and training.
- Provide actionable feedback to the engineering teams by isolating software bugs, surfacing customer pain points, and collecting customer suggestions.
- Participate actively in regular technical triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers to help quickly resolve their customer issues.
- This position requires collaboration with customers and Microsoft employees including managers, support engineers, account managers, operations, and product development teams.
- 1+ years of experience in a customer facing or customer support role with troubleshooting and problem-solving experience with the ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutionsin a team environment
- 2+ years of software development experience with C#, ASP.NET, or Java
- 1+ years of customer support or software development experience in three or more of the following: Cloud Application development or support experiences with PaaS services (Redis Cache, Service Fabric, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Azure Batch, Mobile Apps, etc.)
- B.S. degree in C.S. (or similar degree) or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including the ability to provide clear instructions and communicate complex technical information effectively.
- Problem Solver and Critical Thinking - handle technical and challenging customer situations
- Ability to debug applications written in native or managed code
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
- Team Player and Cross-team collaboration
- Passion for technology and customer support
- Networking skills, and cloud development are a definite positive.
- Working knowledge of web services and technologies is desirable.
- Software Development experience desired in one or more of the following: Service Fabric or Azure Cloud Services, REST API, .Net development, IIS, .NET Framework SDK, Java API/SDK, Software development experience with C++ or C#, Debugging code (WINdbg, Visual Studio Debugger), Linux, Mac, Java, PHP, Node.js, Python or Ruby
- Familiar with packet sniffers: Fiddler or Network Monitor/Message Analyzer
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.