|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Dynamics 365 Connected Store team is looking for pioneers to transform the modern physical retail workplace. We use emerging technologies – including computer vision, IoT, and machine learning – to augment and improve the professional lives of retailers and their shopper’s experiences around the world.
Intuitive experiences built on an AI driven insights engine (on the edge and a highly scalable cloud service) will allow sensors to become the eyes and ears of the modern physical retail store, allowing retailers to enhance shopper experiences, empower their floor associates and operate more effectively. Our mission is to bring the same data driven decision making to physical stores as is available for top of line online retail experiences.
All this backed by a paramount focus on Shopper privacy. We are currently looking for an experienced and passionate Principal Program Manager with experience in building the platform of core capabilities for Connected Store. From the Edge to the Cloud to UX, the Core Product Platform for Connected Store would enable capabilities that will allow for a plug-and-play business model for many of the vertical scenarios that Connected Store will deliver.
This will also be the platform that will set up the next evolution of Connected Store for success and scale. The Core Product Platform will provide a powerful base product that is a turnkey multi-tenant SaaS solution with a consistent shell across web and mobile endpoints. The platform would also manage the Edge runtime and the pipeline from the Edge to the Cloud. In addition, the platform would enable critical integrations with other Microsoft assets such as with Microsoft Teams and Power Platform. The core product would enable further reach and rapid scaling of customizable capabilities for the product by enabling both 1P and 3P skills to be developed and deployed rapidly.
Your areas of responsibility will include identifying and delivering on the use-cases, scenarios and requirements for the core set of full stack platform capabilities we need to build – from services to UX and from Edge to the Cloud. An ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise, passion and experience in building full stack platforms that enable scale and customizability of solutions on top of it.
Previous experience building and scaling product platforms and/or knowledge of distributed systems is a plus. You will also work closely and in partnership with teams in the Business Applications (Dynamics, Power Platform and Power BI) eco system including science and design teams to build the future of retail.
You will be responsible for envisioning and driving key aspects of platformizing the core of Connected Store product that can serve the needs of 1P and 3P ecosystems equally.
- Define scenarios that enable the core capabilities for the core product platform for Connected Store from the Edge to the Cloud
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for key aspects of the platform
- Build the central infrastructure on which the consumers of the platform can create and exchange value
- Work with peers and across the division who are working on specific vertical capabilities to clearly capture the specific requirements for the core product platform. Influence the product and the services across the division and ensure the creation of a rich set of capabilities across 1P and 3P solutions
- Own, design and deliver product experiences to disrupt/ enhance the effectiveness of traditional retail operations workflows
- Own and drive relationships with partners using the partner strategy defined to successfully deliver customer value
- A minimum of a Graduate degree in computer science or related engineering fields or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of Product/Program Management experience on an enterprise cloud product
- Proven track record of defining and delivering delightful customer features and products on top of highly complex distributed software systems in the cloud across network, infrastructure and data layers
- Track record/experience in creating software platforms and/or SaaS based extensibility frameworks
- Product management, project management and an effective communicator with cross-group collaboration skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.