|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Come join the team creating the future of Microsoft’s Business Applications business! Microsoft’s Business Applications offerings compete in an $150B SaaS market. Dynamics 365 and our Power Platform create a world-class collection of applications that Enterprise, mid-market and SMB customers use to power their businesses.
We compete in Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance and Retail Point of Sale and Commerce and many other application markets. Microsoft’s approach to bringing data and intelligence into every application by infusing them with AI capabilities creates major differentiation vs our competition. The market and customers are responding to our Dynamics 365 Biz Apps portfolio with continued 50%+ YoY growth, outpacing the SaaS market.
We are looking for a Director of D365 Commerce to be a Worldwide Workload Leader of our Commerce applications. This role focus on reinvention of business process, which represents a bold bet for Microsoft in accelerating growth in commercial cloud services. The Workload Lead for Commerce will develop sales strategies to drive wins for the Dynamics 365 Commerce applications. The Workload Lead for Commerce will engage in strategic deals with our biggest customers, work with local & regional sales teams to land marquee wins to help build out our customer reference within strategic industries. The Workload Lead for Commerce will serve as conduit to the field and engineering, product marketing & strategy teams to prioritize application planning & influence monetization.
The Workload Lead for Commerce will develop clear, consistent and scalable sales programs & initiatives to land across priority geographies, markets and segments. More specifically, the Workload Lead for Commerce will be responsible for engaging internal key sales leaders and strategic customers around the world to ensure that Microsoft meets its desired revenue, utilization and growth targets. The Workload Lead for Commerce will create, drive and scale the necessary sales strategy, execution measurement, and business health monitoring initiatives needed to ensure that Microsoft delivers on our desired business outcomes according to both current fiscal and long-range plans.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest).
- Develop sales strategies to drive wins for the Dynamics 365 Commerce Application.
- Engage in strategic deals with our biggest customers, work with local & regional sales teams to land marquee wins, drive customer adoption to help build out our customer reference within strategic industries.
- Uncover and unlock strategic sales of Dynamics 365 Commerce workload by engaging in customer workshops and executive briefings (EBCs) with marquee customers.
- Remove sales blockers to enable key deals and transformation.
- Serve as the point of escalation on critical business solution issues and proactively represent customer requirements in product feedback and planning processes.
- Drive internal engagement by improving sales effectiveness, transferring knowledge, skills, and messaging to marketing and sales staff, especially pertaining to the cloud and technology policy issues.
- External outreach and engagement, and trusted advisor relationships with customers, partners and Independent Software Vendors.
We are looking for candidates with the following experience:
- 6-10 years of experience as Pre-Sales Leader, Sales Manager or Individual Sales Contributor, experienced in working with customers across multiple industries selling Customer Relationship Management solutions.
- 5+ years of experience selling software-as-a-service or cloud-based business applications to enterprise customers.
- Identifying unique and complex business challenges and solutions.
- Discover, assess, evaluate, and challenge strategic customer objectives by translating them into digital transformation opportunities.
- Proven capability in establishing broader sales vision and strategy for a product set and mobilizing sellers to adopt best practices.
- Credible storyteller and communicator who can articulate the value of Business SaaS Services and lead conversations with C Suite executives and Business Decision Makers.
- Orchestrator of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, solution, technical, licensing & legal team members.
- Carried and exceeded quota by driving & closing enterprise deals.
Deep Understanding of:
- Digital Commerce, Retail, POS, Loyalty, Omni channel, Supply Chain and ERP business scenarios & business models.
- Industry trends and providing business business-value-outcome-based solutions.
- Competitors and related ecosystem.
- Security, regulatory and compliance needs of global customers.
- Latest business value selling methodologies, practices and technologies that drive sales prospecting and sales management in complex solution selling environments
- Strategic thinker including ability to analyze industry trends and competitive landscape.
- Strong collaborator and community lead who can develop to the growth of a global community of technology and sales professionals for Commerce workload.
- Excels at developing strong relationships and leadership connections to understand customer needs.
- Adept at challenging perspectives with new ideas that reframes thinking about deriving value from
- Very strong presentation, white boarding and communication skills.
- Experience launching new products and building business (market makers), identifying white spaces.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Business Administration or Business Management or Industry related discipline. MBA a plus.
This role involves international travel.
Top Attributes & Characteristics:
- Passion for technology and business.
- Challenger mindset, take smart risks, and open to new ideas and ways of thinking.
- Motivated and proven change agent who can drive internal and external transformation.
- Self-aware, mature, empathetic and a good listener who can quickly understand and align with customer needs, mobilize to address them, and drive business results.
- Strong business acumen, ability to identify and create novel policy and business opportunities.
- Polished, self-aware, articulate corporate diplomat who can effectively represent company externally.
- Ability to rapidly gain/build trust and confidence of potential customers and partners.
- Highly self-motivated with a drive, initiative and capacity for hard work.
- Calm, thoughtful executive with ability to adapt in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Highest ethical standards with a deep commitment to customers, partners & employees.
- Intelligent, confident in his/her capabilities, and able to thrive in a competitive environment with other highly motivated, intelligent professionals, including a willingness and ability to challenge other leaders, accept & encourage challenge from others.
- Strong sense of responsibility and understanding of the critical impact of meeting commitments.
- Team player who understands how to work with others and how to motivate the existing organization to stretch.