|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Engineer (CE) for the Global Technical Team (GTT)
We are looking for Customer Engineers to contribute to our Customer’s Application & Infrastructure success by driving adoption, consumption, and support of our products.
Customer Engineer (CE) in GTT is a customer-facing, advisory role delivering unique value to Enterprise customers. Keys to success include removing hurdles and increasing consumption. CEs are expected to provide technical expertise including risk assessments, operational excellence and optimizing a customer’s cloud or on-premises environment. CEs provide support delivery services, as well as technical readiness, through Customer’s Support contract. As a CE in GTT, you will be part of a global team delivering services remotely or on-site.
Customer Success:Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
Delivery - 50%
Demonstrates expertise in a specific solution, or several products, feature functions, or services.
Participate in proactive account management, spot performance issues, analyze problems, develop solutions to meet customer needs, represent them.
Deliver effective service by analyzing trends and common themes across customers.
Create deliverables to address common customer needs & support mobile-first, cloud-first strategy, share intellectual property with others.
Gather customer feedback on products and services.
Deliver Results through Teamwork - 25%
Model personal accountability and teamwork.
Seek opportunities to drive business growth by collaborating with multiple team members.
Partner with stakeholders to provide and drive actionable feedback cross broader Customer Success Unit (CSU), Product and Engineering team and Microsoft Services.
Reuse and update existing intellectual property (IP) or, where applicable, create new content.
Leadership and Growing the Business - 25%
Seek opportunities to drive business growth by understanding customer and partner requirements then mapping the adoption and optimization of Microsoft technology solutions accordingly.
Drive and Support innovation by focusing on industry solutions and customer business outcomes on the Microsoft platform.
Share knowledge through communities.
Intentionally cultivate relationships, credibility, and loyalty with customers and partners.
- At least 5 years of experience working with Enterprise customers in any of the following: providing customer technical readiness, delivery support services, on premise and remote technical support, solution development, account management; technical requirements gathering; broad evangelism through events (presentation skills) or related.
- At least 5 years of experience in at least one of the following technical domains:
Applications Solutions (PaaS) - Developing, debugging, performance tuning and supporting any of the following:
- Dev Ops and knowledge of Azure Web Apps/App Services, Web Application Firewall, Azure PaaS, Service Fabric
- AKS, Key Vault, Managed Service Identity, Azure AD App Authentication/OAuth
- Kubernetes Services/Containers
- API Management, API Connections
- Logic Apps/Function Apps
- Notification Hubs
- C#, .NET Framework/.NET Core, Java, Python or related
Infrastructure Solutions (IaaS) - Core Azure Infrastructure technologies including any of the following:
- Azure Virtual Machines and Scale Set knowledge
- Azure Virtual Network, VPN, Load Balancer (L4/L7), Traffic Manager, CDN, Azure DNS, routing & routing protocols like BGP, firewall concepts
- Azure Storage Account, Disk, Snapshot, Backup, Site Recovery, file sync
- Knowledge on ARM Templates, PowerShell and CLI management, Azure Automations
- Subscription and Governance Management (Policy, Management Groups, Cost, Blueprint), RBAC
- Azure Monitoring and Azure Identity
- Containers and/or Kubernetes and/or OpenShift (infrastructure perspective) Azure Identity experience preferred, including any of the following: Azure AD, PIM, Conditional Access, MFA, Azure AD Connect, Password less sign-ins
- Enjoy building and cultivating relationships with senior IT and business decision makers.
- The ability to explain complex topics in ways that can be understood by technical and business decision makers.
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Building Customer/Partner Relationships
- Product & Technology Expertise
- Technical Leadership
- Value Selling
- International experience and opportunity to leverage communication in other languages is possible.
- Percentage of travel: 50%-75%.
Note: Currently, travel is opt-in. However, that is subject to change based on each country-specific travel advisories.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent .
- At least one of the following Microsoft Certifications would be preferred:
- Azure Administrator - Exam AZ-104
- Azure Security Engineer - AZ-500
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert - AZ-303 & AZ-304
- Azure Developer - AZ-204
- DevOps Engineer Expert - AZ-400
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.