|Job Type:||Full Time|
SMC Finance and Learning Finance manages $30B+ in Commercial and Learning revenue while managing a full P&L and operations across 8 Sales Centers supporting customers from Corporate to Small businesses. The Demand Response & Customer Success Organization operates within SMC and is primarily focused on Customer Acquisition, primarily in SMB (Small & Medium Businesses). During its first 5 years, the organization has tripled in size and has continued to attract investment to build out an innovative, dynamic, marketing-informed digital sales model across Microsoft focused on Azure, Modern Workplace, and Business Applications cloud products. In supporting this business, we:
- Land the Intelligent Digital Sales vision to continue to transform our business and customer engagement.
- Drive resource allocation and investments through programs and sales motion insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with business priorities.
- Build trust with our customers and business partners in a compliant way.
- Empower and care for our people to be a top performing while driving an inclusive culture.
The Demand Response Finance Analyst focuses on three important pillars around analytics:
- Bridging disparate data sources to create a connected view of business health, KPIs, ROI, etc.
- Develop productivity and analytics models to enable quick decisions to refine, continue, or eliminate.
- Provide analytics support for a rapidly growing Business Reporting, and to help inform key decisions.
- Providing support for and oversight of the business’ financial data & systems, including the Finance Engine which credits recorded sales opportunities against Microsoft’s financial systems of record (MS Sales, Azure Health Report).
- A growth mindset, with a startup approach that drives business impact, and continuously learn.
- Actively contribute to and build strong collaboration within diverse and virtual teams with Engineering, Sales Excellence, Finance, and WCB business partners.
- Leverage technology and others to be more efficient to deliver insights and recommendations to our customers and business partners.
- Simplify and concisely tell the story. Microsoft values and ethical behavior are critical to our culture.
- Accountable for providing data and analysis to drive decision making with an ROI culture and discipline across the Demand Response, Customer Success Management, and Cloud Acquisition Organization.
- Responsible for ensuring business data cube(s) have correct business data and supporting the reporting team through delivery of analysis to support data requirements and accuracy.
- Deliver focused insights to drive efficiency on the use of Opex (HC, external resources, marketing).
- Share learnings of prior analysis while also maintaining a history to assess progress.
- Source data for business cases or investible models so leadership can quickly add $ if resources are available.
- Focused areas will be supporting analysis for Business Reporting, LTV, CAC, Target Setting, financial modeling, business case documentation, and monitoring success metrics on decisions and investments.
- Accountable for the accurate performance of the business’s Finance Engine and associated data systems that provide business financial results.
Key Indicators of Success:
Key Indicators of Sucess:
- Business decisions are informed by strong analytics and accurate data.
ROI/KPI and other analytics and success metrics are delivered regularly to Demand Response leadership.
- The monthly rhythm of business financial reporting is accurate and automated.
- Thriving in being “behind the scenes” of helping an 800-person organization succeed, with an opportunity to also build relationships with sales managers and leaders, and WCB leadership.
- 2+ years of active experience in similar role.
- Knowledge of SQL (Intermediate/Basic), Excel (Advanced, Intermediate) required.
- Knowledge of statistics and/or analytical methods and frameworks preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft financial systems – Azure Health Report, MSSales preferred.
- Experience in Multinationals with multi-product/multi-segment finance roles is recommended.
- Strong understanding of financial modeling and statistics.
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, or related field preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.