|Job Type:||Full Time|
Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is an open, fun and diverse team that is building platforms, solution accelerators and SaaS offerings to support a commanding share of the 20+ billion IoT devices predicted to be online in a few years.
We are looking for a talented software development manager with a strong engineering background as well as vision for what can be done to simplify identity management for IoT. This is a great opportunity to set strategic direction, make architectural and technology decisions, and help the team design and deliver right outcomes for our customers. Successful candidates would have a proven track record of leading engineering teams, strong technical depth (former developers preferred), excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be a team player who works well in a highly collaborative environment with peers and teams in other organizations.
- Hiring, developing and retaining talent within your organization
- Making architectural and technology decisions
- Work closely with Program Management to help define the product's vision and strategy
- Inspire and drive engineering and operational excellence across your teams
- 12+ years of work experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- Excellent architecture and distributed systems skills
- Experience building, growing, and managing engineering teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in defining and executing on a cloud service and technical vision
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, similar engineering discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Passion for providing great developer experiences, driving simplicity through the dev pipeline
- Experience shipping cloud services
- Proven experience in defining the roadmap, strategy, and go-to-market plans for a major enterprise-targeted cloud service
- Experience in consumer or industrial IoT space
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.