|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global Financial Services (GFS) supports the digital transformation journey of Microsoft’s customers, partners & vendors by providing competitive credit and payment solutions to support revenue growth while managing credit risk. We are a compliance first organization with customer obsession and deal economics focus. We support $120B in trade receivables and $11B in payment solutions per year in global markets.
The Infrastructure and Analytics team, as part of GFS, is focused on leveraging technology to deliver world class solutions and process efficiency for GFS. We support all aspects of work in GFS from credit risk reviews, cash collections and operational efficiency to business analytics and compliant reporting. We are looking for a strong group manager who has deep comfort and capabilities in leveraging technology to deliver key business capabilities. The individual should be a technically savvy and operationally disciplined professional with a proven record of successfully delivering large-sized, cross-discipline technology solutions for a finance or business operations team. Some of the recent projects delivered by this team include building a machine learning based approach to credit risk management, a workflow tool for deal reviews, approvals, and processing of requests and a state-of-the-art business intelligence capability leveraging Azure based Power BI reporting.
This role’s responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively across disciplines and engaging with stakeholders to frame, structure and prioritize business problems where technology-based solutions can have an impact
- Management of GFS Advance Analytics from chatbots to robotic process automation to data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Presentation of high-level program status and issues to management on a regular and consistent basis
- Providing input represented in both business and technical terms with descriptive requirements and design including mock-ups and process workflows
- Defining program vision and creating high quality scenarios and features including testable acceptance criteria
- Ensuring projects and applications consistently meet standards and policies (security, privacy, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple releases at the same time using the agile sprint delivery model
- Understanding technical architecture to determine business impacts
- Overseeing and partnering with engineering teams to ensure on-time project delivery
- Working with stakeholders to clean and prioritize product backlogs
- Providing actionable detail for the engineering team on future program needs and project phase requirements
- Creating or capturing key business outcomes that can be used to measure the success of the technology being deployed
- Having a good understanding of the business and finance needs and be willing to learn, engage and offer innovative ideas
- 5+ years of program management experience with financial services and systems
- 5+ years operating as lead product owner (or related) building solutions and services using Agile methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting, computer science or related field is a plus
- Certification in project management is a plus
- Demonstrated ability of managing or supporting technology deployment using data science or machine learning is a must
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and collaborating across geographically distributed teams
- Strong leadership skills with relentless drive for delivering impact
- Excellent written and verbal communications/presentation skills and experience of presenting to senior executives and decision makers
- Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and drive business decisions with data
- Growth mindset and a passion for learning
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and comfortable working through ambiguity
- Compliance focus is a must
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.