|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Microsoft Engineering & Operations recruiting team is looking for a detail-oriented program manager to help drive our events service to successful outcomes. The roles you will support are critical to the success of our engineering team. You will be working closely with our engineering leaders and staffing community to develop and land top technical talent across the engineering organization. You should be comfortable interacting with business leaders & technical luminaries. Your approach should leverage technical depth and industry knowledge beyond the basics. You should be comfortable and effective at delivering optimal results in fast paced and urgent environments.
As a member of our team, you will manage the full program management lifecycle of engaging with our client aligned recruiting partners as well as the Engineering hiring managers to ensure optimal results from the events services they partner with us on. This role is more than simple recruiting, you should be able to talk bits and bytes with engineers to articulate career opportunities that engage passive talent. You must thrive in the hunt and be focused on networking closely within the industry to identify the right talent and companies to target.
- Stakeholder/Client Engagement - You understand what's important to the business and hiring managers (e.g., time to hire, location, budget), as well as the industry landscape and talent market. You use that knowledge to develop, implement and ensure adoption of end-to-end hiring plans and staffing solutions aligned to the client business group's needs.
- Data Analysis & Hiring Plans - You review and analyze relevant data and trends (including assessment of talent/diversity gaps) to provide insights and proactively consult on the implementation of hiring plans that address short-term talent supply (availability) and demand needs (2-6 months).
- Candidate Experience - You own elements of and pride yourself on enhancing the candidate experience; you gather requirements, identify factors that influence the candidate experience and develop hiring plans to meet candidate needs.
- Talent Sourcing - You develop strategies to generate and find the right talent to meet immediate and long-term business needs.
- Operational Compliance & Excellence - You are a subject matter expert; you educate clients, stakeholders, and other staffers on internal and external staffing policy, system, and process issues, and you identify opportunities for optimization.
- 3+ years of experience in talent acquisition (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role OR Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- LinkedIn Certification
- Excellent research/sourcing skills. Including use of Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques preferred.
- Ability to deliver results with little supervision and effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects and events
- Decisive and able to push back constructively when appropriate
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to network within the industry to identify top performers
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.