|Job Type:||Full Time|
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Joined with our consistent margin expansion and strategic M&A, TE will continue delivering industry-leading total shareholder returns (280% TE TSR over FY10-19, versus 190% for the S&P 500overall). For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS.
Our Data & Devices (D&D) end-markets are going through a period of exponential change and rapid growth supported by secular megatrends in Data-Center, Edge Access and IoT. Our customers are building devices and infrastructure which are redefining the information technology world. Our products push the envelope to meet the ever-changing need of an increasingly connected and data-driven world. Our approach is to provide high-performance products and solution know-how to customers. We are looking for an exceptionally driven, conceptually strong, highly analytical Senior Manager of Strategy, with a strong technology background.
The Senior Manager of will help shape D&D’s portfolio composition by growing the business from $1B today to $2.5B by 2025. Individual will be the trusted advisor to the D&D’s executive leadership. It will require exploration of new growth areas, profit-pool identification through deep understanding of the customers/ecosystem requirements. Then, building & validating strategies, and execution approach including target / partner cultivation. It will require extensive interaction with external stakeholders (customers, partners) and close cooperation with internal stakeholders (sales, product-management, engineering, operations, finance). The routes to growth can span organic, inorganic/M&A and hybrid/partnership approaches.
This is a visible role requiring a high degree of independent strategic thinking, tolerance to ambiguity, and execution discipline. This role will report to the Sr Director – Strategy.
- Identify potential growth areas for TE D&D based on deep understanding of mega-trends and TE DNA
- Validate growth areas surgically, understanding the structure and conduct of the industry, conceptually forecasting it to future
- Identify / quantify fit with TE business model / DNA and value add by cooperating with cross-functional teams
- Develop approach to action the identified growth areas
- Cultivate relationship with possible partners / targets
- Engage with customers and align with the sales function to develop new business pipeline for chosen initiatives, either organically or via partnerships. Alternatively, in areas where inorganic development is required, work with key stakeholders to develop the rationale and business case to support and execute M&As
- Demonstrate strong program-management mindset to drive growth initiatives by providing direction by establishing priorities, assign/pursue tasks, ensure accountability, and drive systematic follow-through. Own, maintain and drive progress dashboards. Prepare reports in relationship to meeting financial goals, identification of new opportunities, new customers, and pipeline
Competencies / Skills:
- Highly analytical systematic strategic thinker with strong problem identification and solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize and self-monitor workload
- Effective written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to clearly express ideas and recommendations to customers, TE executives and a broad range of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership ability to effectively work across all levels and functions of TE, as well as with external contacts
- Willingness to coach and develop others
- 10 years’ experience in Strategy, Product Management and/or Sales, combined with strong background in Engineering
- 2-3 years in top strategy consulting
- Minimum of 4-year technical engineering degree, with an advanced degree (MBA preferred)
- Experience in data communications a plus
- Ability to support travel up to 20%+ (both regional and global)