Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
The Atlassian Event & Field Marketing team drives customer engagement with the Atlassian brand and its portfolio of products! The team coordinates with sales, marketing, product, operations, and executive management departments to deliver Atlassian's biggest proprietary events, including Atlassian field events programs. Do you want to increase brand awareness, develop and advance Atlassian's sales pipeline, and educate and empower attendees?
We are looking for a motivated, no-bullshit self-starter who is creative and pragmatic with a relaxed, yet enthusiastic demeanor. This role is part content marketing manager, part project manager, and requires outstanding interpersonal skills. Broad marketing and event management experience are expected, but this position requires specific skills, including project and brand management, content curation, and shown success with cross-functional work experience leading teams toward a project goal.
The ideal candidate for this role would also have experience partnering with Product Marketing and Sales teams to develop content for Software, IT, and Technology audiences, running Call for Papers and breakout programs for proprietary events, and experience in understanding and curating content for C-level audiences. Candidates should possess excellent project management skills to keep projects moving forward and execute results on time, as well as a strategic approach to ensure work is being done as efficiently as possible.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute content programs for field and corporate event programs
- Facilitate alignment across business groups (product marketing, brand, customer marketing, sales, and field teams)
- Own the communication and tracking of achievements, and chasing deliverables prior to due date
- Research and identify external speaker candidates that support overall event goals and objectives, aligned with GTM messaging priorities
- Work internally to identify, recruit, and coordinate with the best SME speakers for each event
- Internally identifying the right partners to provide input for content direction, and collaborate with on content development
- Work with relevant partners to ensure content is demonstrated across multiple business channels post-event, enabling events to function as lifecycle marketing content generator
- Work in lockstep with the Customer Marketing team to provide white-glove communication and logistics management of C-level customer speakers
- Build and execute various reports that share key findings throughout content development and post-event cycles
- Develop positive relationships with event team and other cross-functional teams
- Collaborate and work with event agency counterparts to improve value and output
- Ability to travel onsite to events, with some weekend travel required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 -6 years of demonstrated ability in a marketing role in the technology sector (software industry experience preferred), with at least 3 years of event development/programming focus, product marketing, or similar
- Other content development and programming experience (such as optimally chipping into event programs or curriculum design/development) preferred and may be useful in this role
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, set priorities, work independently, problem-solve, and improvise
- Ability to collaborate and develop positive business relationships with all cross-functional peers, partners, and senior leaders (many of whom are geographically dispersed)
- Experience with speaker management communications
- Past work history working in an international marketing org, and an understanding of the importance of content localization by market
- A strategic approach to managing programs for scale and developing process
- Experience developing measurement strategies on overall content effectiveness
- Ability to deliver against key performance indicators and/or OKR’s
- Comfortable learning and using new software tools
- Experience using Confluence, Jira, and Apple Keynote program
- A sense of humor at the 11th hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.