Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
As an Internal Management Consultant, you will work in one of Discover’s few truly cross-functional areas. You will work directly with senior and executive-level leadership to identify, quantify, and solve complex business and operational problems. Our interdisciplinary Special Operations team is renowned for its quick-pace and high-quality output, and is accountable for delivering millions of dollars in direct impact each year.
This role will be responsible for providing strategic and tactical direction for operational activities that directly service the business. As part of a typical day, you will develop relationships with business owners to identify ongoing challenges and scope new project opportunities. You will conduct proprietary research to uncover key drivers and leverage internal and external resources to support all recommendations. You will lean on communication and influencing skills to catalyze strategic change at the highest levels of the organization. Ultimately, he/she ensures efficient and compliant servicing operations while ensuring our world-class customer experience.
If you are a deep-thinker motivated by solving ambiguous problems, excited by developing ideas and have an unwavering conviction for impact, then apply today!
- Responsible and accountable for management and delivery of the most complex and impactful projects, with a targeted minimum first-year ROI of $1M.
- Collaborates with business partners on process enhancements, communicates operational implications, and suggests alternatives that may achieve the same objectives but with more favorable impact to operations (e.g., lower cost, less complexity), commits to approaches selected by leadership and leads the implementation.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes activities that support business partner initiatives across the organization and ensures operations expectations for timeliness, quality, and efficiency are delivered in conjunction with internal and external parties.
- Manages relationships with business partners and management of system-related projects from idea to implementation.
- Ensures that sound operational processes and procedures are developed and documented.
- Contributes to evolving the Internal Management Consulting practice’s internal efficiency and quality standards.
- Maintains partnerships with business after project transition to facilitate execution and may actively monitor servicing quality levels, communicate opportunities for improvement, and collaborate with operations to improve service levels.
- Develops any necessary remediation plans and ensures their timely completion.
- Development of the project pipeline by partnering with stakeholders to identify project opportunities across the firm.
- Serves as the primary liaison between business partners and operations teams for servicing processes.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Arts and Sciences, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Customer Service or Financial Services Operations
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in applicable line of business (Deposits, Personal Loans, Student Loans), or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business, Arts and Sciences, or related field
- 4+ years total advisory experience (preferably in Financial Services, other Services Industry, Technology, Management Consulting or Entrepreneurial industries)
- Outstanding executive-level communication skills and attention to mathematical detail
- Comfortable with extreme ambiguity and taking ownership to define your own role
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.