|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for learning and teaching others? Do you have an affinity for enabling outstanding customer support? Do you have a deep understanding of Advanced technical skilling training and assessment for the CSS Support Engineer audience?If so, be a part of the digital transformation at Microsoft to enable CSS Support Engineers to meet or exceed customer expectations for advanced technical proficiency and optimize and improve support delivery quality by building programs that clearly-define knowledge sharing and collaboration practices between CSS and Microsoft Engineering teams.
Microsoft Worldwide Learning’s mission is to build world class capability for customers, partners, employees and future generations, enabling them to develop, grow, and achieve success professionally. Within WWL, the Technical Content Development team’s mission is to help IT professionals, developers, and employees build their technical skills and advance their careers. We are a dynamic team of skilled and experienced content development, learning, and content portfolio management professionals, with a high-energy, diverse & inclusive, and iteration-driven culture, grounded in real customer and field needs. We build blended learning experiences that include Instructor Led Training (ILT), supported by interactive experiences and online training. We have tremendous opportunities not only to increase customer satisfaction, but also to innovate in the content we deliver.
This role will be responsible for providing guidance and support from both a technology and a learning and development perspective and act as a subject matter expert inside Worldwide Learning as you consult with CSS and Engineering teams on large scale advanced training programs and execution frameworks that are focused on targeted learning and business outcomes. Additionally, this role will be engaged in accelerating our SME audience training development capability. Proven project management skills are essential in this role to keep projects on-track and on-budget during the content development life cycle. You will need to be able to think creatively because we’re working on innovative ways for our customers to access the right learning at the right time with new form factors and delivery technologies.
Primary roles and responsibilities of this position:
- Work with Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) SMEs and other Content and Product Groups to curate content as well as create, refine, and align the learning experience with product and support lifecycles.
- Design and deliver ona program charter, including a scalable project planning and execution framework, resource planning, and learning design elements for knowledge transfer, hands-on learning and assessment.
- Define a SME Enablement and Content Incubation strategy and practices to enable progress at scale in areas of need that exceed formal program capacity.
- Proven business acumen and communication skills,demonstrated capability to establish and drive cross-business partnerships and collaborations, ability to define, establish, manage major L&D programs at scale, to deliver specific measurable results.
- In depth knowledge of and experience with adult learning principles and technical curriculum and certification development practices, including actual content, lab, and assessment development experience and capability.
- Experience with instructional design and curriculum development across multiple modalities.
- Familiarity and hands-on proficiency withat least one Microsoft on-prem product and cloud service: including Azure, Cloud Identity, Cloud Data, Security, Microsoft 365, and Business Applications.
- Understanding of Customer Service & Support Engineer roles.
- A willingness to be agile, a motivated self-starter, and a passion to constantly learn and improve.
- Strong Adaptability, Collaboration, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Planning, Organizing, and Executing, and Judgment core competencies.
- Works with high degree of Respect, Accountability, and Integrity.
- Microsoft certified: AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals and AZ-104 Azure Administrator
- Hands-on experience with designing and deploying hands-on learning experiences including labs.
- Experience building out advanced training experiences for a highly technical audience.
- Experience working in a global, matrixed organization and working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and use of Azure DevOps to manage development priorities and backlogs.
- Understanding of Data (Data trends, content analysis) and fluency using Excel and other data reporting tools such as Power BI.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.