|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about helping Microsoft field meet and exceed their goals by leveraging customer insights and data? Are you an experienced business professional who wants to identify and fix root causes to simplify process and reduce time and costs of sale?
As the Services Revenue Excellence Sales Operations Program Manager (SOPM) in US BSO, you own and manage how Services Revenue and contracts land correctly, including processes, communications, strategy, landing, and insights for all MSUS.
A successful candidate will drive a seamless collaboration with Field Leaders, Sales Excellence, Finance, M&O, CSE and WW Incentive Compensation partners.
US Marketing & Operations (USM&O) is the ‘Marketing and COO’ function for Microsoft United States (MSUS), also known as the US subsidiary. USM&O executes company strategy and priorities that enable us to achieve our business goals with a focus on B2B customer engagement by developing and executing on go-to-market programs (GTMs), Marketing Campaigns, and a Field Operating Model. Driving a common operating model across the US subsidiary ensures consistent, measurable execution and landing of priorities. Driving alignment with our internal corporate partners in organizations including Product Marketing, Marketing & Consumer Business (MCB), Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB), Engineering, and Field Leadership is also critical to our collective success, as is continuing to listen, learn and respond via rapid feedback loops.
- Own In Year process: billed, support and consumed including misparented new Revenue & Contracts
- Drive Historical Cleanup for both in year and future year
- Identify Root Cause and develop COE in partnership with Operations, CDAS, DMS, CSE, M&O, WWIC, Finance, & WWLP
- Partner with WW teams to prioritize, optimize and automate revenue excellence solutions & processes
- Communicate and land effective processes including enabling self service tools
- Act as strategic advisor for field increasing field transparency and trust in accurate revenue reporting
- Advocate & simplify Services programs including Delivery Value, Decrements, and Deal Based Compensation
- Support broader MSUS Revenue Excellence efforts for Billed, Consumption, Usage, Devices and Services
Partner across US BSO Sales Programs team
- Segmentation & Parenting
- Employee Assignment
- Scorecard & Compensable metrics
- Quota Distribution & Management
- Employee Incentives and Recognition
Experienced & Professional
- 4+ years of finance, consulting, operations and/or program management experience
- 2+ years of experience with data and providing insights using tools such as PowerBI, Excel, etc.
- A can-do positive attitude – good judgment, tact, diplomacy, integrity, patience, and professionalism
- Excellent planning & time management skills, ability to succeed in direct accountability and influence structures
- Ambitious & curious self-starter with the ability to multi-task, manage priorities and reprioritize as necessary
- Ability to set clear expectations based around business outcomes
- Strong understanding of Microsoft sales processes and revenue systems
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A) or equivalent experience in relevant fields eg: business, marketing, information technology, operations, finance. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Proven experience of influencing other organizations where their support is critical to success.
- Ability to work across groups managing individuals indirectly to achieve a common goal.
- Experience in complex, global program management where design, development and implementation of new processes, systems and organizations are required
Strategic, Analytic & Critical Thinking
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Ability to approach the business with a growth mindset – genuine desire to help push the business forward
- Ability to understand complex data and reporting needs
- An action-oriented self-starter who is capable of operating in a fast-paced environment and thrives on competing deliverables
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and/or be able to obtain clearance at the level sought by our customers when required for the role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.