|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Consulting Services' mission is to lead and serve Microsoft's customers and partners as they realize their full potential through Microsoft software and services. Microsoft Consulting Services and its partners bring the deepest expertise of Microsoft solutions—from enterprise planning to deployment and support—helping our customers innovate to strategic advantage in their respective industries.
Microsoft Consulting Services – Regulated Industries Team
Regulated Industries within Microsoft Consulting Services helps customers maximize their investment in Microsoft solutions, and the full portfolio of Microsoft products through accelerated implementation and adoption of Industry specific solutions. The Microsoft Regulated Industries team is part of a global organization of exceptional people who lead and serve our customers and partners as they realize their full potential through software and services, focusing on targeted industry experience and expertise.
The Consultant Role
The Microsoft Consulting Services Consultant delivers technical solutions to customers allowing them to maximize their investment in Microsoft technologies. Building upon solid IT project experience relative to their level, the consultant leads customers in the delivery / implementation of high-quality engagements around Microsoft's solution areas, technologies, services, and products in Industry specific environments. The Consultant designs and develops integrated solutions understanding the relevant application development, infrastructure, and operation implications of the solution using Microsoft and Industry methodologies in complex customer environments.
- Demonstrate acumen and thought leadership in an industry focus (Law Enforcement, Corrections, Court System, Healthcare or Public Safety)
- Effectively leverage Industry knowledge to deliver practice specific IP and build upon that IP with a continuous improvement mindset
- Display knowledge and adherence to the DevOps methodology during the entire engagement lifecycle
- Drive client workshops to demonstrate product capabilities
- Analyze customer business requirements and design technical solutions to meet business goals and objectives including functional / non-functional requirements in alignment with architectural standards
- Support the development of test scenarios / scripts and coordinate / drive client solution testing
- Develop appropriate requirements, design, testing and deployment quality documentation to support the solution delivery
- Provide subject matter expertise to customers including technologies and implementation methodologies to successfully implement CRM solutions
- Effectively work with team members including partners, customers, and leaders to proactively identify and mitigate / resolve risks and issues
- Consume and contribute best / recommended practices, lessons learned, and intellectual property (IP) to the global Microsoft community with a focus on Regulated Industries
- Foster senior level client relationships and engage with senior level Microsoft and client stakeholders to drive solution success
- Must be able to adjust to constant business change; common types of changes include new requirements, evolving priorities, and emerging practices.
- Responsible for self-development on latest trends/developments in the related role/work profile according to professional development plan.
- Actively participate in Technical communities, team events with a positive influence, present at internal / external conferences
- Focus on driving for results and persevere despite difficulties or setbacks
- Actively contribute to org-wide strategies, in defining and implementing those along with contributing to team’s roadmap and portfolio of services in alignment to the wider organization
- Courts, Corrections, Law Enforcement, Healthcare, Defense & Intelligence or Local Government experience in delivery of complex solutions
- You have experience in the Microsoft Dynamics platform configuration
- You have experience working within modern, cloud-based architectures, including Microservice architectures
- You have deep experience with software development tools, processes, and frameworks such as Scrum and other agile methodologies
- You have experience working within projects that include modern DevOps continuous integration (CI)/continuous deployment (CD) pipelines
- You are a collaborative problem solver who is inventive and confident
- You show a willingness and desire to learn cloud and other technologies
- You have strong aspiration for excellence
- You are a great communicator across a variety of audiences
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.