|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to lead a team of highly technical people who deliver world class technology support to Microsoft Executives and their Executive Assistants worldwide, enabling them to be productive while ensuring that their experiences and feedback help improve Microsoft’s products and services? Do you want to work on cutting edge technologies and the latest devices? Do you want to help improve Microsoft products and services? If you answered “Yes” to these questions, look no further because Core Services Engineering & Operations (CSEO) is looking for an experienced and exceptional Area IT Manager & leader for their Executive Support Services team based in Redmond WA as part of the CSEO Site Operations team.
What we do:
- Executive Support Service provides exceptional 24x7x365 support to Microsoft Executives (Corporate Vice Presidents and above, up to Office of the CEO) and their Executive Assistants (EAs), as well as Microsoft’s Board of Directors.
- Supports issues related to operating systems, core applications and line-of-business applications, mobility, client hardware, network security & access, Hardware break/fix and network connectivity. Ensure our Executives and their Exec Assistants are productive at all times.
- Delivers special projects and programs for the Executives such as internal deployment of the latest 1st party and 3rd party hardware and devices.
- Support the Executives and their core staff at important internal events.
- Trusted technology advisors for the Executive community.
- Onboards Executives–new hires, internal promotions as well as transitions from VI/acquisitions.
- Ensures the First and Best/Supportability team is aware of ongoing feedback and issues reported by the Executives that could assist Product Groups and IT Service Owners improve our products and services
- Manage a team of highly skilled, technical FTEs and vendors in a 24x7x365 high demand environment.
- Manage team and vendor budget for the Executive Support Service
- Establish and maintain operational effectiveness while driving tangible service improvements and client satisfaction.
- Build and sustain key stakeholder confidence in Executive Support and Microsoft IT
- Strong Program Management skills and ability to partner with other internal teams to design, deploy and support custom/special projects for Executives to meet their unique IT and technology needs.
- Partner closely with Microsoft IT First and Best (Dogfood) PMs to accelerate adoption of new Microsoft products, services and devices within the Executive community while ensuring least business impact. Ensure that the feedback and user experience from the executives are shared with the F&B PMs to improve the overall quality of Microsoft products and services.
- Represent Microsoft and promote Microsoft technologies through experience and best practice sharing during external customer engagement opportunities such as IT Showcase and EBCs (Executive Briefing Centers).
- Develop and mature internal services such as Work Smart (Productivity Session) delivery to Exec Assistant Community, Leadership Meeting and Critical Event Support, Partner level employee IT Onboarding and IT Buddy Program, etc.
- Communication with IT Service Managers to evolve IT services and address issues impacting business leaders globally.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, IT, Software Design, Software Development, IT Operations, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- 7 years' minimum experience in IT Operations, IT, Software Design, Software Development, Program Management, or Product Management
- Outstanding Leadership: a seasoned senior manager experienced in all aspects of IT Operations and Support, with a strong technical background combined with solid business acumen, strategic thinking, problem solving, collaboration, presentation, communications skills and exceptional people management skills.
- Solid Customer Service Focus: The candidate must demonstrate outstanding customer service skills and customer empathy. As this position will require regular interaction with Senior Executives and their Executive Assistants, it is critical that this person is composed and not intimidated while dealing with escalations, and handling complex and challenging people and technology situations. The candidate must meet a high level of professionalism, communication with clients, and sensitivity to unique Executive Support requirements.
- Excellent Technical Knowledge: In their role leading a global team of highly skilled technical IT Managers, the candidate is required to have a strong technical knowledge and experience supporting a wide range of Microsoft products and technologies, so they are able to guide and lead the team as needed. Be technically curious and abreast of the latest in technology. Ability to think out of the box in offering solutions to complex technical problems. Ability to design, implement and support custom solutions to meet unique client needs in partnership with product groups and/or IT service owners. Proactive support and problem management mindset with focus on determining root cause of an issue and working with IT service owners to resolve it.
- Exemplify Operational Excellence
- Outstanding soft skills: Due to the nature of this job, in addition to customer service skills and technical knowledge, this role also requires the candidate to possess exceptional soft skills:
- Customer obsession and empathy. Ability to go above and beyond to ensure delighted clients.
- Excellent communication skills and confident in their abilities
- Strong Cross Group Collaboration and Team Skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to impact and influence without direct authority
- Manage complex projects with ability to deal with ambiguity
- Extremely trustworthy and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Highly resourceful and strong networking skills with organizational agility
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to maintain composure despite extreme pressure
- Effectively represent Microsoft IT with senior leaders and executives across the company. Be a true IT advocate that keeps the customer at the center of everything we do.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.