|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Capacity, Supply Chain, and Provisioning (CSCP) group is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group within Microsoft. CSCP’s vision is to Empower Customers to Achieve More by Delivering Cloud Capacity Differentiated at Scale. Our mission is to deliver Capacity for all Cloud Services Predictably through Intelligent Systems driven by Continuous Learning and a World Class Organization. The organization is responsible for Microsoft’s Customer cloud promise of delivering on Elasticity and Scale at Optimal Cost and Speed. We cover all Microsoft Online Services, supporting over 200 businesses including Bing, O365, OneDrive, Xbox and Microsoft Azure branded services.
Within CSCP, we are part of the Global Capacity team and our vision is to deliver the best capacity customer experience by intelligent and proactive management of all Microsoft cloud capacity.
This role will bring together Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and Customer Capacity Experience processes and derive synergies, translate them into process and systems roadmap and drives process excellence for the entire group. The ideal candidate will be a Supply Chain Thought Leader with significant leadership experience with IBP / S&OP process transformation, along with strong program management and business analysis skills, with a proven track record for developing and deploying supply chain planning systems and solutions that enable the business to scale. The candidate will be responsible for developing the To-Be business processes, defining capabilities needed, building roadmaps, success metrics, KPIs and working together with cross-functional Microsoft Cloud organizations and engineering teams jointly driving engineering initiatives needed to support the desired end-state.
This role will reside on the business side while being the conduit to engineering and across the Microsoft Cloud organizations. The candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, highly team-oriented, tenacious, and focused on results. This is a highly collaborative role, where you will need to confidently work across the Microsoft Cloud organization at all levels to drive key initiatives and strategic projects that support the delivery of capacity.
You will have the opportunity to work with a cross functional team of business leaders and planning process owners on our journey to world class performance through the application of IBP principles, tools, and methodologies with a focus on customer. This position requires a hands-on experienced individual with a good balance of technical, business, and leadership competencies. This position will also require a significant level of independent thought and an ability to challenge existing strategies, processes, and execution elements to ensure all functional areas adhere to the IBP and Customer Experience Process.
- This role will help build, scale and manage our integrated business planning process excellence efforts across all the stakeholders of Customers, EG’s, Finance, Field and IBP teams partnering closely with our engineering stakeholders cross functionally to drive the systems roadmaps
- Integration and alignment of New Product Development, Field, Finance, Demand and Supply Planning processes, and tools.
- This role will bring together Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and Customer Capacity Experience processes and derive synergies, translate them into process and systems roadmap, success metrics, KPIs and drives process excellence for the entire group.
- Benchmarking internal and external best practices to identify and implement continuous process improvement/effectiveness initiatives.
- Participating in shaping Supply and Demand Planning strategies, capabilities, and processes to improve IBP integration and performance.
- Help define next generation Global Capacity processes and tools to scale with Microsoft Cloud’s growth
- Develop and drive the vision and future state process & systems roadmap with clear articulation of business impact, success metrics, and KPIs for capabilities supporting Global Capacity while ensuring strong synchronization cross-functionally with stakeholder teams
- Aggregate requirements across Global Capacity group and document the business requirements and process maps
- Translate business requirements into a strategy for process improvements and/or systems solutions
- As business owner for the respective program, ensure there is complete internal and cross-functional process alignments at all levels to drive the process changes
- As needed, develop and propose business case justifications for capital, program resources and technology investments
- Work with engineering groups to define capabilities, schedules and resources needed
- Own the change management, internal and stakeholder alignment to support the deployment of new systems and automation within Global Capacity
- Manage expectations of all stakeholder parties
- Manage project governance, including portfolio planning and prioritization for Global Capacity
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong technical aptitude with excellent visual and verbal communication skills with ability to influence business and technical decision makers
- Build relationships, gain consensus, remove tension/roadblocks and focus on the solution
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of combined experience in Program management related to Cloud, Infrastructure, supply chain planning, sales & operations planning.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in supply chain transformation strategies, major systems deployments and process reengineering.
- MS/MBA preferred
- SAP IBP implementation experience preferred.
- 10+ years of combined experience in Program management related to Cloud, Infrastructure, supply chain planning, sales & operations planning, IBP and customer experience related functions in a hyper scale supply chain organization.
- APICS/ASCM certifications or equivalent preferred
- Experience in the High-Tech industry, top supply chain consulting firms and hyper scale supply chain preferred
- Program management and executional excellence; be able to turn the vision into reality; lean/six-sigma exposure is preferred; Proven track record of impact delivery
- Proven capabilities to drive positive business results through cross-group collaboration and partnerships
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with ability to create and deliver executive friendly communications on complex solutions
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups spanning all organizational levels
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.