|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work on a team that is redefining how humans interact with intelligent technology in more natural and personalized ways?
Today's users are always online and constantly on the go. They expect to do more by interacting with familiar experiences on any device in more natural ways often using speech, gestures, and/or text. At the same time, users also expressing themselves through deep levels of personalization on their devices. Windows continues to push new boundaries in enabling these deeply personalized experiences so users can interact with devices in more natural ways and express themselves further with new technologies in areas like Big Data, Cloud Services, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
These exciting user experiences and technologies also need to meet or exceed users’ privacy expectations. The Windows, Browsers & Devices Privacy Program works with engineering teams to ensure compliance, promote transparency, and elevate end user choice. Within the team, the privacy program management function partners with engineering teams and other stakeholder groups to deliver excellent privacy experiences and develop a “Privacy by Design” culture.
- Conduct privacy reviews for products, services, and other experiences across Windows, Browsers, and Devices.
- Evaluate features, user interface, data flows, communication points, and a myriad of other aspects to identify and mitigate privacy-impacting concerns.
- Surface risks and plans for mitigation when needed.
- Propose new features, functionality, tool improvements, and process changes to help increase scalability and compliance adherence.
- Evangelize privacy principles, build self-help content, and optimize engagements with partners and stakeholders.
- 3+ years’ experience in a PM/SWE/SE/Privacy role
- Demonstrated ability to assess risk and compliance adherence
- 1+ years in a privacy program manager role
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Attention to detail and willingness to dive into technical details
- Passion for end user privacy (and ability to learn quickly and apply learnings throughout the organization)
- Strength in communicating clearly with a range of different personality types and disciplines
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To see all our team’s openings, search for #wdxjobs on our careers page.