|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
Microsoft was awarded a contract by the United States Army to prototype hardware, software, and cloud solutions for the Integrated Visual Augmentation System (IVAS) program. The program leverages technology from HoloLens to design a heads-up display that pushes the boundaries of mixed reality devices. Our team needs a service engineer to keep our technology infrastructure and engineering systems secure and running optimally.
- Work with customers to understand operations requirements and drive solutions to their critical work items.
- Work with Engineering to drive operations-centric changes to the way our products are developed and operate.
- Identify and drive improvements within the existing Engineering System, with a focus around greater efficiency and use of existing resources.
- Work closely with customers of the Engineering System and manufacturing facility. Understand the work they do in order to provide a high level of support.
- Administer user and authentication components in a cloud-based domain and storage environment.
- Identify, evangelize, and deploy new technologies or automation that improves the operations within the supported Engineering System.
- Drive for and ensure issues are responded to and resolved within a standard SLA.
- Promote the use of central core services and facilitate partner owned systems transition to the core services offerings.
- Work closely with the rest of the Operations and Services teams for identifying and escalating problems.
- Apply government mandated security laws and regulations to implementation of technology infrastructure.
- Communicate progress/status reports to senior management.
- 6+ years’ experience directly supporting development and quality in a product engineering team environment
- 4+ years’ networking experience (VPN, WiFi, IEEE 802.1x, IPv4, IPSec, VLans)
- 4+ years’ experience with Active Directory and managing Group Policy
- 2+ years hands-on experience with Azure or AWS
- 2+ years hands-on experience with Windows Server 2016 and later
- Previous experience with Azure Active Directory (AAD) and Intune
- Experience with Arista, Aruba, Palo Alto, Cisco
- Experience working directly with development on the design and architecture of services and applications used by the engineering system
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required.
There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
- Experience with PowerShell coding against Windows and Azure APIs
- Experience with software and hardware procurement processes (business case development, purchasing, acquisition, implementation, and tracking)
- Confident and clear communications
- Ability to manage several schedule-critical tasks while delivering results and solutions on time
- Strong problem solving, ability to leverage results of others, and drive for timely outcomes
- Passionate about continuous improvement in process and services that will have an immediate impact on partners
- Proven cross-group collaboration skills required
- Industry Certification (MCSE, Network+, Security+, Azure Certified) a plus.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.