|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure’s Internet of Things Platform Engineering group, responsible for IoT Hub, IoT Edge, Digital Twins, Device Provisioning Service and PnP, is seeing incredible growth across almost every industry and vertical. As the adoption of Azure IoT’s products and services scale, the IoT Platform team is building data insight tools to focus on the unique and rapidly evolving IoT industry. The data platform will identify growth opportunities, optimize the acquisition funnel, track user retention and churn, and report on product and service performance.
Azure IoT is looking for a Program Manager, DataScience to join the Azure IoT Platform engineering team.The ideal candidate will have hands on experience applying the best practices of data analysis and insights to a rapidly innovating space, such as cloud services, free-to-playgamingor financial services.They will have hands-on experienceindata analytics,data automation, data pipeline,anddataETL process.They will haveexperience withmetric definition initiatives and will have been responsible for analyzing performance and have clear examples where actionable insights and recommendations were results of their analysis. The candidate will have worked hands-on with engineering teams and business stakeholders and will be able to communicate easily withseveraldifferent disciplines, including engineering, program management, marketing, business planning and sales.Mostimportantly,theywill need to be a team player who works well within andacross the team with a winning collaborative style, stellar work ethic,and an attitude that integrates well into the high-trust environment that the team prides itselfon having.
- Partner with engineering team to design and release Azure IoT Platform’s data capture, storage and reporting strategy for the rapidly evolving IoTspace
- Leverage SQL,Cosmos, anddatavisualization toolsto build analytical tools to scale insights, data pipelines to automate reporting and dashboards to support businessneeds
- Study and report on theuseracquisitionjourney, churn analysis,andretentionblockers
- Collaborate withengineeringteamsimplement the necessary data telemetry to perform data science efforts
- Act as in-house expert in Kusto/Azure Data Explorer and useof Kusto Query Language toauthor Kusto queries to support OKRs, KPIs and other ROB reporting
- Support multiple partner groups to develop strategic analytical insights that drive the product roadmap and revenue projections
- Work directly with customers and partners to identify IoT business and product insights that can optimize businesses at scale
- 3+ yearsofexperience in product or program management
- 3+ years of work experience indata analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Business)
- Deep understandingof data automation, data pipeline, and ETL process
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcome
- Experienceinbig data technologies such asCosmos DB,Azure Data Lake,Visual Studio, etc.
- Experience in data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Proficiency using statistical programming and scripting languages such as Python andR
- Thorough knowledge of statistics,experimentation,anomaly detection, predictive analysis, text analysis, exploratory data analysis, and/orotherareas ofdata sciencemethodologies
- Experience delivering data-driven insights to senior executives
- Consistent track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.