|Job Type:||Full Time|
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft Consulting Services helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
A Domain Solution Architect within a Global Domain organization of Microsoft Consulting Services and is responsible for delivering high quality architectural solutions and business outcomes based on the Microsoft Platform. Demonstrating deep knowledge of the Domain Solutions and Offerings across the entire life-cycle, together with a critical focus on opportunity management and technical governance, the Domain Solution Architect drives transformational results and realizes business strategy for both customers and Microsoft Consulting Services.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
The focus of the Domain Solution Architect role is to Make the Market and drive Digital Transformation and Modernization Solutions with a deeper focus on the Technology and Service Offerings that are specific to each of the Microsoft Consulting Services Domains.
You will engage over the entire lifecycle of large and complex projects from early pre-sales through delivery oversight to ensure architectural and technical success for our customers.
You will lead and motivate technical communities and provide quality assurance for solutions developed by others. You will present to executive audiences, help customer account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development opportunities, and drive add-on business within existing projects.
Key accountabilities include:
- Drive & Accelerate production-level Cloud Solutions in line with Customer and Microsoft strategy.
- Make the Market with innovative Digital Transformation and Modernization projects.
- Drive a positive Customer Experience by providing high quality delivery on strategic, complex deals.
- Deliver Business and Operational Excellence.
- In all that you do, demonstrate Technical Leadership: Create Clarity, Generate Energy and Deliver Success
- 7+ years of I.T. enterprise professional experience
- 3+ years of deep hands-on experience with On-prem and Cloud big data solutions. Azure or AWS. Hadoop/Spark/Hive or NoSQL based systems like Azure HDI, CosmosDB, Hortonworks, Cloudera, Casandra, MongoDB, etc.
- 3+ years of deep technical knowledge/experience on architecting, developing, and deploying enterprise Big Data engineering solutions
You will have many of the following education, key experiences, skills and knowledge:
- Technical background, with 8-10+ years of technology-related experience
- Proven success and expertise in architecting innovative solutions primarily in a client-facing role, experience designing and implementing cloud technologies in large scale enterprises
- Technical and architectural knowledge of Data and AI technologies, including some of the following:
- Understand customers’ overall Data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions)
- Big Data Architectures not limited to LAMBDA, and/or KAPPA
- Data Lake/Lakehouse implementation experience with Onprem Hadoop or Cloud Big Data platforms
- Microsoft and Open Source cloud scale analytics (Azure Synapse Analytics, Databricks, Apache Spark, PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases, other OSS)
- On-premises and cloud solutions for data platform, Enterprise Data Warehouse and Visualization Advanced Analytics and Data Science.
- Data integration architecture and technology
- Data governance
- Knowledge on competitive landscape (AWS, GCP, Snowflake, Oracle, Teradata)
- Ideally, you will have experience in multiple sectors and industries
- Ability to design, create, and deliver to solution frameworks
- Experience giving presentations to executive audiences and linking technical solutions to business outcomes
- Track record of delivering quality solutions as a technical leader
- Ability to execute recognized Software Architecture methods, processes, and tools
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) relevant to Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering
#Data and AI
#Data & AI
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.