|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a deep passion for excellence in business process design, quality execution, and digital transformation? Do you love the challenge of solving big, bold problems and see opportunities when others see failures? Are you a great communicator, delivering messages at varying levels, and a rigorous project leader who takes pride in delivering solid, clean, projects - working well across teams and time zones? Are you customer obsessed, driving efficiencies and compliance in an operations environment? If so, consider joining our team!
We’re looking for a Sr. Procurement Operations Manager to lead and manage Compliance systems and processes across the company. In this role, you will reimagine existing supplier compliance programs and define a strategy for future state program processes and technology needs to reduce risk, reduce cost through operational efficiencies and drive bottom-line impact, all while enhancing the end-to-end user experience across various personas. This role will research industry trends, best practices, and assess Microsoft technologies to inform buy vs. build decisions on digital transformation opportunities in strong partnership with multiple compliance and engineering teams, connecting solutions into the broader source to pay ecosystem.
The ideal candidate is a team player who can think strategically while also being able to execute at a tactical level. You must be able to own and drive work independently, but not in isolation. Balancing delivery independence, alignment with the rest of the team, and incorporating feedback will be critical to success in this role.
- Manages enterprise compliance applications as a product owner and accountable for effective and efficient business operations
- Understand customers, business challenges and gaps, risks, and develop holistic recommendations and plan of action
- Gather, vet, document, and represent business requirements and define desired business outcomes. Partner to re-engineer or create processes and build awesome technology solutions.
- Organize and participate in stakeholder meetings, preparing necessary presentation materials, and documenting and following up on important actions and decisions
- Define and document current/future state end to end processes and workflows
- Manage large portfolio of activities, work across teams to determine prioritization and allocation of resources for maximum business outcomes
- Develop and maintain reporting channels to conduct ongoing analysis for process and tool improvement identification
- Drive well-thought out process improvements projects that are sensitive to the interdependencies between tools/process/program/teams coupled with effective change management to ensure successful implementation
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders and become a trusted partner to help achieve business goals and resolve/escalate issues through resolution
- Ensure projects adhere to a delivery framework that can effectively support new service requirements and business improvements
- Maintain and monitor project plan and project schedule to ensure that project deadlines are met
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable
- Perform ad hoc activities to support the project and operational needs
- BS/BA degree plus minimum five (5) years business experience in Program Management, Process Design, System design, Change Management, and/or Procurement and Compliance.
- Analytical and strategic capabilities – synthesize data into problem statements, design project approach, gain alignment across teams, and drive initiatives through successful execution
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - clear & concise storytelling (both written and verbal)
- High energy and enthusiasm for continuous process improvements - Six Sigma training/certification and/or PMP a plus
- Ability to make critical decisions in ambiguous situations, flexible in face of change, and works independently
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, proactively managing tight deadlines in an organized manner
- Ability to be process oriented, paying close attention to detail without losing site of the overarching strategic goals
- Procurement process experience and Compliance/Risk program experience is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.