|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sr. Finance Manager – M365 and Productivity Gross Margin
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. The Microsoft Cloud Margin Strategy & Investment Optimization team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help shape the future of our cloud products.
The team’s charter is to build out Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure while driving down unit cost of capacity, ensuring cloud services achieve gross margin growth and share expansion. As a crucial member of the team you’ll also support long term bets and drive competitive intelligence to keep ahead of competition.
We are looking for a Senior Finance Manager to partner with engineering and business leaders to deeply understand, influence, and manage the gross margin health of M365 Productivity workloads as well as model, plan, and implement structural efficiencies, long term bets, and regional expansions. The team partners with engineering, business planning, and finance partners to support the GM health of Office 365 commercial and consumer businesses.
- Partner with engineering teams & leaders to drive product profitability. Identify and drive partnership with Azure engineering & finance for cross-functional cost efficiencies and resource optimization.
- Partner with the engineering and product marketing teams to support end-to-end product planning, long-term steady state profitability strategies. Articulate findings into appropriate deliverables to facilitate executive decision making across executive business and finance leaders.
- Continuously improve and evolve COGS and Gross Margin insights garnered through financial results and KPIs with goal of influencing/impacting business in positive manner and crisp story telling.
- Manage the financial health of new and existing workloads through insightful reporting, accurate forecasting, and long-range planning aligned to steady state gross margin targets
- Display thought leadership by continuously improving financial processes and insightfulness of information presented.
Our team values the following set of skills, which this role will help you enhance:
- Bachelor's degree in business/finance, economics, math or computer science/engineering; MBA preferred
- 8+ years of relevant finance and analysis work experiences with progressive advancement within your discipline
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking; ability to articulate complex concepts and analysis in a simple way
- Proven data and financial modeling capabilities; ability to work with financial systems and strong project/process management
- Senior executive level presence, engagement and oral/written communication skills
- Proven leadership skills, with demonstrated results in proactively driving and delivering high value/high-impact project results through both individual and v-team efforts
- Self-starter driving best-in-class decision support amongst ambiguity and uncertainty in a business that evolves at fast pace
- Strong partnering capabilities, with the ability to influence others without direct authority and appropriately push back when required
- Comfort working at multiple altitudes, from strategic/high-level projects to detailed COGS analysis
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines, quickly prioritize for impact and the resourcefulness to deliver
- Strongly prefer deep understanding of the technology industry, particularly commercial public and private cloud services, business models and economics
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.