|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about big data?
Do you love working with the latest technologies?
Do you want to revolutionize how real user data helps drive the future user experience for Azure?
We are part of the Azure Portal team. The portal serves millions of unique users every month. We are looking for a highly motivated developer who will help set the direction for our service in an exploding field of big data. Ours is a fast-paced team working with the next generation technology in an exciting and strategic market. If you want to work in an agile environment and have impact that will span across hundreds of partners teams across Microsoft, this is the place for you!
To learn more, explore the portal:
We maintain the telemetry pipeline and alerting infrastructure leveraged by roughly 200 partners across all of azure. We're looking for a developer with a passion for improving the analysis and monitoring of portal traffic with the latest technologies. We use Kusto, Cosmos, EXP, Git, and more!
- Be creative and highly-motivated with a minimum 4 years’ experience in Software development and 2 years' experience in data engineering/mining (Kusto/Cosmos/ML)
- Deep knowledge of data mining, machine learning, or information retrieval
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience
Skills that are a plus:
- Be productive and effective when working in a highly collaborative environment
- Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling, visualization, with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks
- Experience with Experimentation platforms and processing flighting telemetry
- Prior work experience with Azure, App Services, Azure Data Explorer, and Cosmos
- Programming experience and a willingness to learn new programming languages to meet goals and objectives
- A willingness to explore new alternatives or options to solve data mining issues, and utilize a combination of industry best practices, data innovations and your experience to get the job done
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.