|Location:||Greensboro, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
TE Connectivity's Material Handler Teams perform the physical and/or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. They unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintain records of received goods and reject unsatisfactory items. They lift heavy items and may operate a forklift. Material Handlers prepare and maintain records of shipments, post weights and shipping charges and prepare goods for final shipment. They examine, stock and distribute materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines and may prepare kitting packages for assembly production.
The Shipper / Receiver will be responsible for loading and unloading of the incoming and outgoing trucks as required.
- Loading and unloading trucks upon arrival as required. Must stage material in designated areas or place in racks as required.
- Completing data entry.
- Prepares outgoing materials using a variety of methods including, but not limited to, scanning, labeling, wrapping. Completes required paperwork to accompany outgoing materials such as Manifest and Intercompany Bills of Lading.
- Maintain recycle cardboard by creating bales, weighing and recording on tally sheet.
- Help in maintaining inventory in warehouse by completing row audits and investigating variances.
- Process picks as required.
- General housekeeping of work area
- Other duties as assigned
What your background should look like:
- HS degree or GED required
- Keyboarding skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Forklift Certification required; periodic recertification required
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred