|Location:||Alexandria, Virginia, Bethesda, Maryland, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Digital technologies and the disruptive business models that they’ve enabled present an opportunity, like never before, to transform the way that public sector organizations deliver on their missions and serve their constituent customers. Last year alone, Microsoft filed over 2000 patents and invested $15B in R&D in advanced technologies— AI, machine learning, computer vision, IoT, collaboration, modern workplace, low-code/no-code platforms – to empower our customers in their digital transformation journey.
Improving healthcare to improve lives is a specific priority for Microsoft. Do you, too, have a passion for transforming healthcare and a vision for how we can shape its future? If so, the Digital Advisor role is a unique career opportunity for you! Part of Microsoft’s Enterprise Services organization, Digital Advisors lead the envisioning and delivery of business transformation initiatives for our customers, employing cutting edge solutions and supporting all three of people, process and platform.
For decades, organizations have invested in technology to incrementally innovate and become more profitable or execute their public sector mission. The Digital Era, however, affords the opportunity to completely transform how they interact with customers, how they build/deliver their products and services, how their employees work and make decisions, and how they optimize their organization’s operation. Digital transformation requires a cultural shift, and Microsoft Digital Advisors lead customers through that shift and through their digital journey. Digital Advisors guide organizations as they reimagine and transform their customer engagements, employee experiences, business models and operations.
Partnering with customer executive leadership, Digital Advisors drive a program of change to build the digital business, advising and supporting their executives with the planning and realization of key digital transformation initiatives focused on the value created with digital technologies. They work with hand-in-hand with customer teams as a partner in the digital journey, helping them to ideate and envision the art of the possible. Then, as the team designs, the Digital Advisor helps the team to refine ideas, identify dependencies and eliminate roadblocks. The team continuously delivers innovation as this process, supported by the customer’s new digital culture and platform, goes from its first success to an embedded, systematic approach that realizes the full potential of the Digital Era.
Are you ready to seize the opportunity to work with Microsoft's public sector healthcare customers, helping them to partner with commercial counterparts to transform the way that care is delivered and medical research is done – improving patient outcomes, improving access, reducing spend and supporting the effectiveness and well being of providers and caregivers? If so, the Digital Advisor role at Microsoft is your chance to come help us change the world, empowering every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
Microsoft values different life experiences and viewpoints. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally. We will invest in your health and financial future and encourage you to pursue your interests and passions away from the office.
Key accountabilities include:
Digital Advisory Services
- Influence the mindset of customers and account teams by challenging the status quo and bringing innovative ideas that showcase Microsoft’s unique value proposition to our customers’ missions. Instigate the DT program of change with customers to build their digital business, leading to commitment from customers to proceed with execution of the plan.
- Demonstrate how the vision becomes a reality when all relevant Microsoft resources and capabilities are brought to bear. Design the DT program of change and its three elements – digital culture, digital platform, and digital approach.
Change Leadership and Adoption
- Couple your industry expertise with the full depth of Microsoft resources to realize the customer’s digital aspirations. Provide experience and leadership capabilities to ensure a sustainable digital transformation governance model to lead the change and ensure that business value is created, deliverables are met and a DT program of change is driving continuous innovation within the customer, fostering ongoing commitment.
Be an Enterprise Services Role Model
- Demonstrate eminence and leadership from the Digital Advisor community. Establish yourself in the marketplace and internally as a thought leader and trusted advisor to customer executives and account teams. Drive the shift from a transactional, deal-by-deal approach, towards initiation of a DT program of change, where Microsoft, our partners and our customers jointly pursue continuous business innovation to evolve market perception of Microsoft as a digital partner of choice.
- Generate a diverse and inclusive workgroup environment, demonstrating cross group collaboration.
Preferred location for this position is the metro Washington DC area, but will consider anywhere in the United States
- 10+ years of professional experience, including technical and/or business consulting
- 7+ years of relevant industry expertise in healthcare, medical research, life sciences
- Experience applying information technology solutions to complex business challenges
Our Digital Advisors know their customer’s business, the markets in which they operate, and how Microsoft can help them drive their digital transformation. The broad scope of responsibility of this role requires a strong understanding of both business and technology strategy, change management, and a principled approach to broad digital transformational challenges and opportunities. Digital Advisors also share a common set of characteristics – including executive presence, creativity, strong leadership and exceptional people skills - and bring the experience that drive innovation and customer value:
- Experience and expertise in areas relevant to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (CDC, FDA, NIH, CMS, etc.), including public health and population health.
- Thought leader with significant experience working with C-level executives and other Business Decision Makers (BDMs)
- Exceptional, executive-level presence and interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers
- Situational awareness to adapt and solve challenges from a business and technology perspective
- Broad understanding of technology, particularly current and emerging digital solutions
- Experience managing technology-enabled business change within the public sector, particularly within federal civilian government.
- Business aptitude and industry expertise relevant to public sector customers.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatic operational execution and delivery, including the coordination of relevant resources
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results
- Consistent record of delivering business value by bringing the benefits of technology to transform business
- Ability to conceptualize, launch and plan the delivery of digital-enabled business change projects
- Passion for technology, business, market trends and, most of all, the customer
- Experience implementing key Microsoft or related technologies, with a preference for depth in Cloud, IoT/IoMT, Data and AI, DevOps
- Ability to advocate for Microsoft’s vision and value proposition, and diverse offerings, by conceptualizing, planning and leading implementation/adoption of Microsoft technologies
- Recognized innovator with strong storytelling abilities
- Track record of inspiring growth mindset for teams and customers, and influencing professional and industry networks
- Demonstrated experience with business development and growing and maintaining an opportunity pipeline
- Fluent in English language
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.