Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
If you’re a deep thinker -- with a track record of breakthrough improvements -- eager to solve Discover’s most complex, critical challenges, drive millions of dollars of impact through leveraging cutting edge technology and automation all while having visibility to our C-Suite, then continue reading!
Discover is seeking a Senior Principal Solutions Architect for its internal (Special Operations) Process Automation team. We want someone with a unique blend of real-world experience and theory, can lead technical strategy into execution, and has an unmistakable passion for brining market-leading ideas to fruition.
As a Senior Principal Solutions Architect, you will work as a core member of our interdisciplinary teams and will be expected to quickly contribute as an initiative leader and trusted advisor to our senior leaders. You will orchestrate and deliver viable solutions for our businesses to adopt by translating strategies into action, delivering significant ROI, reducing risk, and achieving enterprise-wide strategic objectives. As part of a typical day, you will work with business stakeholders to spearhead breakthrough solutions and technical product managers and vendors to drive end-to-end automations for our company’s most complex processes. You will also partner with our automation transformation teams to enable growth and scale.
- Designing, describing, and managing the solution engineering in relation to specific business problems.
- Maintain partnerships with business units after project transition to facilitate execution of implementation plans and ensure solutions are maintained by the product owners
- Manage communications and relationships with the company’s most influential leaders to understand customer and business needs, conduct current-state analysis, explore uncommon approaches, mitigate risk, and deliver sustainable solutions
- Derives, challenges, and is able to comprehend and speak to detailed IT customer/application requirements.
- Works collaboratively to design, document, and request delivery of, multi-platform and multi-site/zone infrastructure environments.
- Manages multiple project engagements and priorities autonomously and in parallel.
- Proactively seeks out and works to solve/avoid technical issues before project timelines are impacted.
- Understands, communicates, and challenges standards and processes where appropriate.
- Maintains working knowledge of IT industry and trends.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 6+ years of work experience Computer Science, Information Technology, or related experience in multiple technology areas
- In lieu of education experience, 10+ years of experience Computer Science, Information Technology, or related experience in multiple technology areas
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering
- Consulting experience
- Process Improvement background (Lean Six Sigma)
- Service Oriented Architecture (MicroServices)
- Cloud Experience
- Continuous Delivery (CICD)
- Robotic Process Automation
- Statistical Analysis
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.