|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our internship program gives students the opportunity to work on valuable projects that contribute to the success of their team and build on their classroom experience. Throughout the 10-12 week program, interns will be provided with:
- Onboarding & Orientation
- Professional Development Workshops
- Networking Opportunities
- Operations Experience
- Executive Exposure
- Volunteer Opportunities
What your background should look like:
Working in the Middletown PA Corporate Technology Materials group, the successful candidate will contribute to new connector materials developments. They will be expected to:
- Be familiar with the use of tribological test equipment and methods, preferably with experience in materials modelling
- Support evaluations of process capabilities and material properties
- Document findings in Powerpoint / Word
- Contribute to ideation for development projects.
- Share project findings in team presentations
The candidate should:
- Be familiar with laboratory operations
- Be familiar with typical laboratory metrology techniques including optical microscopy, SEM, and surface profilers.
- Have be able to maintain effective project documentation
- Be capable of working collaboratively within a team environment
- Be a Graduate student in Mechanical Engineering / Materials Science
- Have research experience applying tribological methods to materials science problems
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in Major
Internships with our team are expected to result in the execution of a limited scope project. This project may be associated with larger programs or be stand-alone.
The work provides the opportunity for students to gain an appreciation of the ways that they can apply their academic background to commercially relevant problems, to better understand how to define project objectives and to learn about the scope of opportunities within TE Connectivity.