Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
High impact, highly visible position that supports the Student Lending business in designing and building of risk mitigation strategies, supports risk exposure analysis, and assists in developing control enhancements within Discover Student Loans. Partners with the business to improve the control environment and resolve open issues. Supports the business in driving action plans to closure. Executes various preventative risk management activities and initiatives such as operational risk events reporting, key risk indicator reporting, records management, and new initiative process. A self-starter who works with minimal supervision.
- Assess processes for risk and control effectiveness. Supports the control design process and assess processes for any control gaps or enhancements needed to ensure effectiveness of controls.
- Analyzes risk and operations data. Interprets data for the purpose of supporting key business goals, such as risk environment monitoring and risk mitigation.
- Works across departments to coordinate initiatives.
- Supports management in preparing presentations and reports.
- Works on ensuring that controls are in place to mitigate legal, regulatory, and other applicable business risks. Where control gaps exist, provides consultation on the design of controls and monitors until execution.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness for operational risk event reporting for the Student Loans Business Unit owned by their team.
- Supports change management initiatives to ensure risk mitigation is in place prior to change implementation
- Executes initiatives to improve internal processes.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance
- 4+ years of experience in Audit, Risk, Operations
- In lieu of degree, 6+ years of experience in Audit, Risk, Operations
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Student Lending experience highly desired
- Understanding of operational process design and process mapping
- Lean certification or experience
- Ability to thrive on ambiguous initiatives
- Proven track record of having the drive, initiative, and intellectual curiosity to understand issues in depth and identify root causes of problems
- Proven ability to build relationships with business and/or technology partners
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.