|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Principal Group Service Engineering Manager for Microsoft Teams Rooms Managed Services will be responsible for the service engineering and operations discipline of our team and lead a team of technical Service Engineers in building a highly automated and scalable service. We deliver an intelligent room management service to customers and partners. Our vision is to provide great customer service in the new category of Endpoint Managed Services; solving challenges through software orchestration and our AI Operations platform. We directly support thousands of customer-resident endpoints with our managed service so this role is more than datacenter management. Your team will help define, shape and implement solutions that keep our customers healthy. You will also be a member of our leadership team, helping build our business strategy.
Our team is highly entrepreneurial and we pursue big ideas that power the transition of our customers to fully managed services. As a growing, well-funded team within the Commercial Management Experiences Division, we have the charter and opportunity to allow our team members innovation, influence, transformation, and growth. If you join you will work in a highly collaborative team that is run on the principles of individual ownership and approachability.
- Hire, lead, and mentor a team of service engineers, providing technical and career coaching to help them grow their skills and careers.
- Design and manage vendor relationships, workloads, and quality control to provide a great customer experience while managing costs. Transition workloads over time from basic tier 1 through advanced tier 3 capabilities.
- Manage team backlog and dependencies by working closely with partners across the organization. Specifically, partner with the Development team to innovate and mature the platform to provide the best customer experience.
- Drive a customer-focused strategy that ensures a high level of customer service while continuing to mature and scale our software system.
- Service Management includes looking across our broad set of customers to look for trends and identify new risks for the service as a whole. Tasks include customer cohort analysis and dimensional analysis to find problems across a worldwide population across various dimensions. We will be the biggest operator in the world, and will be able to use data to help our whole population with knowing problems early on before they are known in the industry.
- Participate in and contribute initiatives toward building a healthy and inclusive team culture where everyone can participate and contribute in an authentic way.
- 10+ years of professional service operations experience
- 5+ years of leading service engineering teams
- Technical skills around Powershell and data analysis tools such as Kusto and Power BI.
- Passion for bringing value and modern solutions
- A love of leading people, building an incredible team, and cultivating a community of inclusion and respect
- Solid understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technologies fundamentals.
- Exceptional skill at working across teams and divisions, with a history of building positive partnerships between groups
- The mindset to strive in an agile environment where your work changes rapidly in response to customer feedback and data
- Previous experience and knowledge in Skype/Teams and the Unified Communications space is a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.