|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Xbox Game Studios Publishing, we are focused on building a strong future for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Originally launched in 1982, Microsoft Flight Simulator is the longest-running franchise in Microsoft history, and the latest critically acclaimed release not only builds on that legacy, but it also pushes the boundaries as the most technologically advanced simulator ever made.
We are the passionate group responsible for this amazing franchise, and we are looking for a Senior Technical Producer experienced with technology-oriented teams to join our ranks.
As a Senior Technical Producer on the Microsoft Flight Simulator team, you will partner with our Executive Producer and Director of Technology in driving effective collaboration with internal and external teams. You will engage with a wide variety of disciplines and subject matter experts to influence the quality and outcomes of feature development, product publishing efforts, and important cross-team partnerships. We see this role as crucial to ensure that we put our players first and deliver an experience that will truly delight them.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for working with game teams and a love for solving complex problems. They will embrace the mission of building experiences for a diverse audience and appreciate the value of inclusiveness within every facet of the work environment.
- Work with the Leadership Team and Development Team to create clear schedules, goals, and milestones.
- Track and drive the quality and timely execution of technical deliverables from our internal and external partners, ensuring feedback from our discipline experts is heard, categorized, and prioritized.
- Advocate for and evangelize platform features with our internal and external partners.
- Support the Director of Technology in defining new technology systems and features to help developers work more efficiently.
- Ensure compliance of our services against internal standards and external regulations.
- Anticipate risks early and help develop mitigation plans and drive the team towards successful resolution before the risks turn into fires.
- Identify and communicate all roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent teams from achieving established goals.
- Schedule and attend meetings - ensure notes on key takeaways and action items are distributed to attendees/stakeholders.
- Build consensus among diverse stakeholders – conveying an appropriate level of detail for each target audience.
- 4+ years of experience as a Technical Producer/Program Manager in game development.
- Experience shipping high quality software as part of a team
- Experience with at least one software development production process.
- Expert level understanding of at least one project tracking software, such as Azure DevOps or Jira.
- The ability to coordinate complex technical problem solving.
- Self-directed and one to take the initiative to drive progress.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.