|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, New York, New York, Orlando, Florida, Raleigh, North Carolina, Tampa, Florida|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Retail and Consumer Goods Industry is digitally transforming and the Industry Executive (IE) role is at the leading edge of this transformation journey with our customers. The goal of the Industry Executive (IE) is leading industry digital transformation engagements and opportunities with Microsoft’s customers, with deep Retail/ Consumer Goods industry knowledge and experience.
This is a senior role that is operating at a strategic level with Microsoft’s top customers, with deep engagement and understanding of the retail and consumer goods industry business issues and strategic challenges. The role is seen as a deep, subject matter expert in their industry and the digital transformation occurring within it. The role is the industry leader in a customer centric account team, and relationship builds to become a trusted advisor to key customer business decision-makers, helping them build the program of digital transformation change.
The role will use industry experience, expertise and credentials directly with customer business decision makers to engage and create unique business value. The role of IE is focused on generating and owning industry relevant solution and platform opportunities, working and selling closely with Microsoft’s partners. The role delivers growth of Microsoft cloud services (Azure, Modern Workplace/Teams and Dynamics 365) by building new relationships, opportunities and positioning industry relevant solutions that solve the customers’ business challenges as they digitally transform their businesses.
The role will partner closely with:
- The world-wide industry sales teams to execute across their strategies in the field.
- The One Commercial Partner organization to drive last mile delivery with customer and;
- Our Account and Technology field times to share best practices and customer references/case studies to bring Microsoft’s industry digital transformation stories to life.
Overall Objective: Drive Microsoft cloud services growth through industry focused solutions (Azure, Office365 and Dynamics 365)
- Engaging with customers of strategic enterprise accounts to identify, generate and nurture new business opportunities through industry relevant solutions, leading opportunity engagements
- Providing insight and feedback from customers and partners to the worldwide industry teams to help learning and improvement in industry solutions and digital transformation
- Acting as industry thought leader and supporting customer engagements such as executive briefings, customer workshops and internal sales team readiness
- Working with industry focused sales teams at Microsoft as the industry subject matter expert in Digital Transformation account planning
- 10+ years Industry domain expertise and expertise working in business roles at a company in the retail industry
- Significant (10+ years) industry solution selling experience
- Business development and sales skills
- Market development skills
- Industry specialized sales or consulting position within an IT Consulting or Services company
- Solution sales or consulting position in a competing or partner company
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- MBA desirable
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.