|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud + AI Design Studio is looking for a customer-focused Design Producer I to help drive design for Azure Edge and Platform and other important services in the Cloud + AI division.
Edge and Platform Experiences is a multidisciplinary team designing the next generation of edge computing, application and infrastructure monitoring, and cloud-based media services. We nurture a collaborative culture where everyone can flourish, learn, innovate, and make a positive impact every day. The team is comprised of diverse teammates who believe in the power of inclusion, diversity of ideas and people, and the sheer joy of solving hard problems.
Our team's vision is to create professional, seamless, and friction-free experiences that enable our customers to work less and accomplish more. We strive to transform Microsoft’s powerful and complex technologies into experiences that customers love.
Producers collaborate across multiple disciplines and partner cross-functionally with multiple organizations: Design, Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Data Science, and with Senior Leadership team. Producers excel at creating clarity and driving design excellence in often-changing and ambiguous environments.
Design Producer manages three key areas:
Design Program Management — the Producer works closely with our Design Leads to drive our operational strategy and raise the bar of our practice. This includes building and overseeing our roadmap, and supporting organizational development efforts such as hiring, onboarding, and career development.
Creative Operations — the Producer partners with Design Managers and works closely with designers and researchers to create and refine briefs, facilitate reviews, and explore better ways to prototype creative solutions, ensuring we are building the best solutions for the right problems at the right time.
Production Operations — the Producer is responsible for creating efficiencies in the Design and production process, enabling designers and researchers to stay focused on delivering high quality work on time. On the Edge and Platform Experiences team, this includes staff and resource planning, vendor management, and everything else that goes into delivering the work that our team does.
As a Design Producer I, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support Design, Engineering and PM partners to drive design and research deliverables for each product cycle
- Contribute to design team's rhythm of business and operations
- Evaluate the team's process to find efficiencies and create supporting documentation
- Partner with Design leads to identify capacity and help forecast for design and research workloads
- Manage design and research work items, work-back calendar/schedules, and deliverables
- Facilitate Design reviews and ensure action items are captured and communicated
- Keep a pulse on team health and morale; generate positive energy
- Propose new tools and process to optimize on cross team collaboration
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience managing projects and working with diverse teams
- Self-starter with passion for user experience and Design
- Desire to learn about how Design supports business objectives
- Customer-centric mindset and a desire to learn
- Familiarity and working knowledge of current management tools such as Jira or DevOps
- Familiarity and working knowledge of current design tools (Figma, Sketch, Invision, Adobe suite, and others)
- Awareness of inclusive design and how it supports Microsoft's mission
- Willingness to question established thinking in pursuit of better outcomes
- Familiarity with agile or lean methodologies
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.