|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Digital Safety Office is a team within Microsoft’s Corporate, External and Legal Affairs division whose mission is to empower every person to have safe and trusted digital experiences. The challenge of addressing illegal and harmful content online, including child sexual exploitation and terrorism and violent extremism, requires urgent attention and a whole-of-society approach. We know the technology industry can – and should – do more. Our team’s primary objectives are:
- Shape global policy and emerging legal frameworks related to digital safety by engaging across industry, government, and civil society.
- Mitigate digital risk to users by enabling Microsoft's compliance with legal obligations and voluntary commitments to remove or otherwise manage illegal and harmful online content.
- Integrate safety-by-design into Microsoft products and services by engaging with engineering and business groups.
We are seeking a strong, experienced PM to manage our Operations PM team in our Digital Safety Office. This team is responsible for working across Microsoft to ensure that all products launch with digital safety requirements in place to protect our end users from illegal and harmful online content. This leader will manage a team that consists of Operations Program Managers focused on bridging the gap between product, policy, engineering, and operations to address some of Microsoft’s most complex cross-functional projects.
We are searching for a leader who fosters an inspiring, diverse, and high-performing team culture while cultivating operational excellence across program, process, and project management. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, execution-minded professional who can partner across a multi-disciplinary partner ecosystem to enable our digital safety mission while supporting and empowering their team to deliver impact. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team on critical issues of company-wide and international importance.
- Use outstanding program management, analytical skills, cross-functional thinking, business judgment, strategic thinking, and technical acumen to help drive digital safety initiatives across Microsoft.
- Develop and apply broad understanding across all facets of digital safety including product implementations, policy interpretation, industry trends and engineering requirements.
- Foster a positive, open, and collaborative team culture that encourages continual improvement, holds team members accountable for clearly defined goals and strives for impact.
- Build strong partnerships and work effectively across legal, product group, engineering, and other stakeholder groups to ensure that Digital Safety requirements are understood and implemented.
- Support digital safety goals through developing, improving, and maintaining programs, process and projects that are repeatable, scalable, and efficient.
- 10+ years of management, program management, and/or operations experience.
- Subject matter expertise in operations program management, policy enforcement, and/or abuse investigation.
- Success bringing together diverse stakeholders and perspectives, aligning goals & driving focused results with significant impact.
- Demonstrated experience leading diverse teams through process improvement, systems development, and culture change.
- Ability to drive decisive action and solid judgement regarding Digital Safety needs in partnership with others and deliver results that depend on other divisions and external partners with competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, desire to learn, team-player and positive outlook.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required. PMP Preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.