|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
We have a great opportunity for a Talent Acquisition Manager. This roles partners directly with the Gaming organization to hire world class talent for this critical function for Microsoft, as part of our broader Engineering and Operations team focused on technical roles across Microsoft. In addition, the role will also include managing staffing delivery for some of the portfolio businesses in the Experiences and Devices team.
Come join a team focused on high impact work, strong business partnership, teamwork and collaboration!
Candidate Assessment and Screening
- Assessment Opportunities - You manage the candidate assessment framework and identify, adopt, and evangelize best practices that ensure high-quality hires; you identify opportunities for improvement and lead the creation of assessment materials by identifying relevant competencies and job criteria.
- Screening - You manage the candidate screening framework, and identify, adopt, and evangelize best practices that ensure effective screening processes and a qualified talent pool.
- Candidate Engagement - You use deep knowledge of competitor opportunities to differentiate Microsoft’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards and leverage a consistent, compelling message that conveys the most significant motivators to prospective candidates.
- Internal Practices - You share proven stories that help others across the discipline to source, recruit, and/or close candidates; you track candidate activity and share with internal stakeholders.
- Microsoft Representation - You coach the client to represent Microsoft’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards that are distinct from those of competitors.
- Hiring - You gather requirements and develop hiring plans that meet candidate needs throughout the hiring lifecycle, often for critical, complex, high level or high volume candidate searches; you own the candidate experience and prepare candidates for next phases of the process; you enhance the candidate experience at all phases of the relationship by proactively identifying factors that may adversely impact the candidate and partnering with business leaders to develop mitigation strategies.
Data Analysis and Hiring Plans
- Hiring Data and Trends - You analyze relevant data and trends to provide insight and set plans to meet hiring goals; you connect data to cross-organization goals and lead conversations across groups to address broad hiring issues; you lead the implementation of a hiring plan for complex organizations, areas, or talent pools that addresses both business demand and availability of talent for a division’s, set of countries, or subsidiary’s short-term and long-term needs (12 months and beyond).
Operational Compliance and Excellence
- Policy and Standards Compliance - You lead the optimization of staffing policies, systems, and processes throughout your organization, and guide stakeholders on the impact of these changes.
- Technical Documentation - You hold your team accountable for maintaining current documentation on candidates’ qualifications and status in the appropriate staffing or tracking system, within compliance guidelines (e.g., Office of Federal Compliance Programs, General Data Protection Regulation); you drive the team to capture relevant data in recruiting platform and monitor and oversee quality of data capture.
- Business Impact Knowledge - You apply deep knowledge of factors relevant to the business and hiring managers' needs (e.g., time to hire, location, budget) and use this knowledge to guide the development of end-to-end hiring plans aligned to the needs of the business group, division, region, or subsidiary.
- Strategic Thinking - You use data and metrics, and an understanding of the long-term business requirements, to advise a division, set of countries, or subsidiary on the implications of talent gaps; you lead the development of staffing processes and strategies.
- Talent Engagement - You consult a division, region, or subsidiary on critical talent needs and opportunities; you present and frame information in a way that speaks to the business needs and influence leaders to embrace differentiated and alternative types of talent (e.g., compete, diverse, nontraditional) that may not be typically considered.
- Candidate Relationship Management - You leverage long-term relationships with talent pools and communities across the industry; you develop a comprehensive approach that integrates multiple concepts (e.g. community building, business intelligence) to create an innovative sourcing strategy for a division, set of countries, or subsidiaries.
- Developing a Talent Pool - You share candidates across teams, and you are responsible for developing and implementing strategies to generate and meet targets for differentiated talent for a division, set of countries, or subsidiaries.
- Market Analysis and Channel Insights - You perform deep analysis of external market data leveraging industry/market expertise, and provide market and channel insights to the business to recommend and drive hiring plans and talent acquisition initiatives; you develop sourcing strategy using market and channel insights. *Applies only for employees in Sourcing
- Stakeholder/Client Engagement - You identify current and future talent needs through opportunistic exploratory and analysis of market demands, and you proactively consult leaders to create new roles that bring in desired talent. *Applies only for employees in Client Aligned Recruiting
- Stakeholder/Client Engagement - You bring critical or high level candidates through the interview and closing process, and ensures candidate needs (e.g., onboarding, relocation, Visas, critical dependencies) are met; you close candidates by anticipating and responding to objections from the business while maintaining fiscal responsibility; you negotiate appropriately with the client to drive solutions that balance their short- and long-term talent needs. *Applies only for employees in Client Aligned Recruiting
- Workforce Analysis - You assess and define talent/diversity gaps and hiring needs (e.g., skills, volume of hires) of a division, set of countries, or subsidiary; you present this information to hiring managers, and recommend and drive hiring plans and talent acquisition initiatives to meet needs. *Applies only for employees in Client Aligned Recruiting
- You help employees identify growth opportunities, develop skills and build development plans. You drive the execution of projects. You establish and communicate performance expectations, identify and address gaps and monitor performance to ensure plans are met.
- 8+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), human resources experience, or industry experience related to role
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), human resources experience, or industry experience related to role.
- 2+ years of formal or informal leadership/managerial experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.