|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s commercial Cloud Services. Azure differentiates itself as the only hyper-scale, enterprise-grade Cloud that has a true hybrid story. Customers and analysts recognize Azure’s tremendous momentum which continues month over month. To help customers achieve their goals, Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any Cloud provider with 60 regions live and announced, and with more in the pipeline.
As we drive to be the leading cloud platform in the world, Azure Global is hiring an exceptional PM to support our International region expansion. This challenging role will require strategic focus in order to successfully establish and execute against our growth objectives. The opportunity will require thought leadership and effective engagement across multiple stakeholders in order to ensure the delivery of our Region Expansion, on time, with quality and to the highest satisfaction of our customers. As a Build and Launch lead you will engage with internal product teams, our Microsoft field, our Partner network and our end customers; you will be faced with complex engagements that encompass multiple dimensions including, technical, financial, compliance, regulatory and legal concerns. Your ultimate objective will be to deliver against our expansion strategy and in support of our customers as they in turn progress on their digital transformations. Although the position is Redmond based this role will be focused across our Worldwide expansion efforts.
This role requires an ability to deeply understand customer scenarios and technical requirements; identify common patterns and subsequently overlay Azure architecture principles to ensure we model the most effective Azure regions. Your impact will be significant in influencing our customer digital transformation journeys over a multi-year horizon as well as expanding our worldwide Azure region footprint.
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize opportunities in support of our Azure Region build and launch lifecycle, including the development of launch programs and processes and scale out motions through automation of repeatable patterns.
- Discern core customer scenarios and requirements which may test the bounds of our Azure region principles and drive engineering actions/product improvements as a consequence.
- Develop a deep understanding of our lead customers, their key business priorities and their critical workloads in support of their digital transformation. Thorough qualification of our key customer Azure requirements across compute services, storage and associated specialized SKUs will be key in ensuring our new Region investments align to customer demands.
- Engage directly with customers at multiple levels, supporting executive briefings and innovation partnerships.
- Remove customer barriers to cloud adoption across service, capacity, availability and time dimensions.
- Partner with engineering, infrastructure, marketing, compliance and the field leadership to translate customer demand signals into release priorities, and ensure business growth is unencumbered by engineering, compliance or infrastructure.
- Be cognizant of launch quality KPIs and drive mitigation strategies in support of launching new regions with quality, and within time to market SLA
- 5+ years of program, project or product management experience industry experience working with one category or vertical
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Strong track record of delivering services and/or shipping products
- Cloud/Infrastructure experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country