|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be a part of the modernization of Microsoft Finance? Do you want to contribute to the improvement of our Corporate Processes and Tools? Join us in Finance Business Intelligence (Finance BI) where we are driving the Planning Program to modernize Microsoft Finance planning tools; improving planning capabilities and user experience.
Finance BI is looking for a Finance professional with a passion for technology to be a Business Lead on the Planning Business Operations Team supporting Devices Planning on BPC. BPC is our next generation enterprise grade Corporate Planning Tool supporting Driver Based Modeling and Machine Learning. This role is responsible for managing Planning Operations and driving Solutions Delivery for Devices Revenue and Hardware COGS. Be part of the Microsoft Finance Transformation!
- Planning Business Lead partnering with the Devices Finance Team (Surface, PC Hardware, HoloLens)
- Subject Matter Expert for Devices Driver Based Models, both Revenue and COGS.
- Manage Cycle Operations for all Planning processes; Budget, Forecast, Long Range Planning and Target Setting.
- Prepare Business Requirements for tool enhancements and new capabilities.
- Partner with the Business to prioritize/rationalize requests; provide guidance on best solutions.
- Partner with Engineering to ensure successful completion of development requirements.
- Test Engineering solutions and direct Business UAT.
- Support Planning Program Initiatives as they pertain to the Devices Business.
- Train Planning Users and provide Customer Support as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- 8+ years of related work experience
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance/MIS or related field preferred; MBA desirable
- Experience and working knowledge of SAP BPC preferred
- Advanced PC skills. Excel required; reporting cubes, pivot tables and other tools ideal.
- Understanding of relational databases, working knowledge of SQL
- Experience and working knowledge of Revenue and COGS Forecast/Budget processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong partnering orientation
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to connect to the “big picture”.
- Ability to effectively handle a high degree of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative problem-solving skills and process improvement focus
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively under deadlines.
- Passion for Technology!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.