|Job Type:||Full Time|
Office 365 is one of the fastest growing business at Microsoft and in the industry as a whole. Today, tens of millions of organizations and hundreds of millions of users worldwide depend on Office 365 for their day-to-day productivity. Even at this scale, our business is growing with double digit percentages year over year.
We are the Substrate Azure Convergence team, and we are part of the Office 365 Core, the team that's behind all this success. We are building the massively scalable distributed systems and infrastructure that power the major Office 365 workloads such as Exchange Online, Teams, and many other services across Office 365 and Microsoft. We are evolving our infrastructure and services into a hyper scale cloud platform in partnership with Azure.
We're looking collaborative software engineers with a track record for delivering high scale, low latency, distributed cloud services and infrastructures while demonstrating leadership in high performing teams and passion for high quality engineering. Our culture is inclusive, casual, fun and high energy; our team members come from diverse backgrounds and grounded in the success of our customer and partner needs.
More About Office 365 and Substrate
Office 365 is the fastest growing cloud services business in Microsoft. It brings together cloud versions of our most trusted communications and collaboration products like Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Skype with the desktop suite of Office products in an always up-to-date integrated service offering. Since its launch, the service has made it easier for millions of information workers across the world in small, medium, and large enterprises to use the best of Microsoft’s business productivity solutions via the cloud.
Substrate is a platform that provides developers with access to exabyte (million of terabytes) of user data in Office 365 Cloud in secure and compliant way.
In this role, you will be helping architect, design, migrate, and implement key parts of our Substrate platform management services to Azure. You will also be cross collaborating with other senior engineers and product leaders to define the platform roadmap across the Azure and Office 365 organizations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Influencing and creating new designs and architectures.
- Having a passion for secure, reliable, scalable, and maintainable code.
- Writing code and test cases for feature development and build quality in every stage of the software development lifecycle.
- Participating in Agile methodologies.
- Active participation in code reviews with a passion for code quality.
- Participation in delivering code via state-of-the-art Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools.
- Monitoring all services.
- Being customer obsessed and striving towards zero customer impacting incidents.
- Solving problems related to scalability, latency, and availability.
- Participating in on-call / support rotations.
- 4 years of enterprise-scale software engineering experience with cloud/hybrid infrastructure
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Knowledge in one or more of these languages: C#, C++, Java, Python, SQL or similar.
- Hands-on engineering experience across cloud technologies, including: Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Data Center infrastructure and Networking knowledge.
- Deep understanding of cloud fundamentals, cloud native architecture including security, performance, scalability, and storage concepts (SQL/NoSQL).
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.