|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for financial reporting? Are you looking for an opportunity to directly impact accounting and reporting at a Fortune 100 company? This position is on the Corporate Accounting team that is responsible for ensuring sound financial reporting at Microsoft. The Corporate Accounting team prepares, analyzes, and reviews consolidated financial results and ensures compliance with US GAAP (GAAP) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting requirements in our financial reporting to shareholders. The team also oversees financial controls effectiveness under Sarbanes Oxley (SOX). This External Reporting position has high visibility to upper management, collaborates closely with other business groups, and offers a unique enterprise-wide view of the company from the financial core. The role also interacts with a great team of experienced professionals with which to work, learn, and share. This position will report to the Finance Director responsible for External Reporting at Microsoft.
- Play a key role in the end-to-end process for periodic SEC filings, including 10-Qs and 10-Ks (and associated XBRL reporting efforts), to ensure that financial statements adhere to GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Provide support to business partners, including Legal (CELA), Human Resources, and Investor Relations, to ensure the accuracy of other filings such as the Proxy Statement, benefit plan 11-Ks, earnings release 8-Ks, and foreign filings.
- Monitor periodic changes to SEC regulations, assess the impact to Microsoft, and make necessary changes to policies and controls as appropriate.
- Maintain deep and broad knowledge of GAAP and related accounting guidance.
- Understand internal accounting policies and maintain SOX compliance with respect to certain controls over financial reporting.
- Contribute toward improving the effectiveness and efficiency in the corporate monthly/quarterly close and reporting process.
- Drive Microsoft external reporting to become the industry leader.
- Other projects as designated.
- A minimum of 7 years of related work experience, preferably including Public Accounting. Additional years of experience are preferred. Significant experience with SEC registered companies required.
- BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent experience, and CPA.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and SEC reporting.
- Working knowledge of XBRL is a plus.
- Experience with SEC/GAAP technical research and implementation.
- Experience collaborating successfully across multiple teams and levels.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, proactive, and work well under pressure.
Are you ready for a challenge? Bring your passion for GAAP and come join our team!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.