|Job Type:||Full Time|
This position is responsible for providing accounting governance support to Microsoft (MS)’s ledger activities with an emphasis on analyzing Microsoft’s core ERP system (SAP) group currency results to ensure the integrity of MS GAAP financial statements. As a key member of Corporate Accounting consolidation accounting and general ledger (GL) compliance team, the position is responsible for analyzing foreign exchange (FX) remeasurement and translateion results druing MS consolidated close and ensures master data compliance in MS ledger system. This position will also involve with increasing focus on foreign exchange (FX) accounting compliance and modeling on corporate initiatives.
This position has frequent contact with various levels of Microsoft managers throughout Microsoft finance disciplines across regions. This position partners closely with Microsoft treasury controllership, subsidiary controllers, FinOP, Finance BI and SAP IT solutions.
- Responsible for MS Monthly FX rate setting controls and resolve any issues raised around GAAP rate setting in GL systems.
- Maintain the monetary vs non-monetary account classification across MS consolidating entities; monitor and ensure monetary balance sheet accounts with no significant aging transactional currency items to avoid erroneous FX remeasurement impact.
- Analyze Cumulative Translation Adjustment (CTA) activites and provide a summary report to facilitate quarterly cashflow statement preparation.
- Oversee different data feeding sources with consideration of FX impact to ensure (un)realized FX is timely and appropriately recorded.
- Assist with currency setting considerations with a focus on entity creation or transformation.
- Involving with development of standard GL and close reporting procedures to increase governance efficiency.
- Coordinate with treasury controllership in developing and communicating training materials for relevant accounting procedures to international subsidiaries community with FX remeasurement setting requirement.
- Coordinate intercompany and statutory accounting issues with other business groups to ensure FX consideration is consistent in accordance with applicable accounting policy and external regulation.
- Act as a resource for various ad hoc projects.
- BA/BS in Business, Accounting/Finance or related area with minimum of five years experience with majority in public accounting or industry practice; CPA or equivalent required.
- Database and SAP or other equivalent ERP system experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management skills a must.
- Experience in foreign exchange accounting or consolidation perspective a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.