|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Corporate Accounting organization is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative accounting professional who enjoys working independently and with high levels of responsibility to join our Corporate Revenue Assurance team.
Revenue Assurance focuses on defining policy, implementing accounting guidance, enhancing and consulting on revenue recognition controls and policies, researching GAAP revenue recognition questions and analyzing and reporting consolidated financial results.
This individual will focus on reviewing and documenting the accounting position for strategic and complex business deals. While obtaining deep knowledge of our products and sales channels, this role offers an opportunity to closely partner with business and finance teams across the company and working with an experienced team of technical accounting professionals.
This position requires a collaborative and motivated individual who enjoys working closely with business partners to deeply understand the business strategy and related processes. The Corporate Revenue Assurance team has high visibility to senior-level management across the business groups and corporate accounting.
- Work with technical GAAP experts within the team and finance/business leads across the company to assess the accounting considerations of strategic deals and partnerships
- Gain a deep understanding of Microsoft commercial contracts to facilitate proactive consultations on complex GAAP accounting consultations
- Document accounting policy for complex deal review and lead discussions with external audit teams
- Prepare and present accounting trainings to business partners
- Provide accounting expertise to special projects and other ad hoc requests
- Effectively identify accounting issues, apply the relevant accounting knowledge base and make decisions with conviction; make the complex simple
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience, preferably public accounting
- Strong US GAAP knowledge and experience, with emphasis on ASC 606
- Significant experience in software, technology industry a plus
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field. Advanced business degree a plus
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- Ability to collaborate and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organization, and creating effecting partnerships
- Superb business partnering and cross-group collaboration skills, with senior-leveled audiences
- Proven strong financial and analytical, written and oral communications and presentation of data skills
- Must be a self-starter, well organized, adaptable, and able to multi-task and work well under pressure
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.