|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be a part of the team that drives world-class mergers and acquisitions (M&A) accounting and integration processes? If you're a customer-focused, results-driven accounting professional with great communication and organizational skills that is energized by the unfamiliar, this is the job for you. The Accounting Manager role is a part of the Divestitures, Acquisitions, and Ventures Accounting team (DAVA) within Corporate Accounting. DAVA provides finance and accounting knowledge, expertise, and support for Microsoft acquisition and divestiture activity.
- Perform purchase accounting activities for Microsoft M&A activities, partnering closely with DAVA team members to achieve success.
- Perform accounting integration activities, collaborating with acquired entity local teams.
- Establish and perform a stable financial interface process to record monthly acquired entity results.
- Effectively partner and coordinate with Microsoft Acquisition & Venture Success Finance (MAVS), Tax, Legal, Treasury, Finance Business Integration, Engineering Group Controllerships, and Corporate Accounting to deliver successful acquisition integrations.
- Perform statutory controllership activities for assigned acquired subsidiaries.
- Serve as knowledge source/liaison for acquired subsidiaries and other extended M&A teams in Microsoft Policy, procedures, and tools, as well as training, communication, and accounting guidance.
- Perform termination/deregistration activities of domestic and international legal entities, partnering effectively with Legal, Tax, and Treasury.
- Assist in monthly and quarterly reporting, providing accurate and quality information for M&A activities.
- Assist in the development of new tools and procedures to increase efficiency and/or improve processes and controls.
- Respond effectively to requests for ad-hoc financial information and provide interpretation, clarification, and training as needed.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in public or industry practice.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or finance.
- Advanced business degree or CPA preferred.
- M&A experience desired.
- Solid understanding of GAAP and internal controls.
- Ambitious, self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively manage priorities.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management, and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and efficient in ambiguous situations and a fast paced, changing environment.
- Excellent cross group collaboration skills.
- SAP experience is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.