|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We plan to achieve this mission by building best-in-class platforms and productivity services for a mobile-first, cloud-first world. Our core ambitions are to reinvent productivity & business processes, build the intelligent cloud platform and create more personal computing. The Devices Supply Chain (DSC) organization is critical to delivering on this mission and vision, maintaining responsibility for the end-to-end physical and digital supply chains for all of Microsoft’s vast array of hardware and software products including Surface, Surface Hub, HoloLens, Xbox, PC Hardware, Accessories, Games, Windows, Office and more.
As we continue down the path of delivering on our customer promise, we are looking to hire a dynamic team member. The Sr. Manager, Channel Operations Excellence will be accountable for vendor management of all in-scope Business Process Outsource (BPO) contracts as well as overall vendor performance of BPO services, along with Channel Operations improvement initiatives. This team member will have responsibility for deploying and managing performance at the outsource provider for a portfolio of our primary contracts. They will be accountable for the successful implementation of initiatives, programs, and changes in support of our Supply Chain operations. This includes responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction is not compromised and that cost/benefit impacts are carefully evaluated.
The successful candidate should be comfortable working within a highly matrix-driven multinational organization, exhibit solid organizational, communication, contract management and negotiation skills, demonstrate where they have solved business problems, and have a strong customer focus.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship and governance of contracts between Microsoft and our outsourced vendors for specified contracts.
- Ensure outsourced vendor processes meet or exceed global controls and compliance requirements.
- Provide guidance, feedback, and leadership to drive the vendor to achieve continuous improvement on all operational, quality, and satisfaction metrics.
- Agree and monitor appropriate corrective action plans and deal with any escalations.
- Change Management – oversee vendor readiness to support new program launches, changes to business rules, processes, and tools.
- Ensure SOP’s are in place and continually updated and executed consistent with global processes and best practices.
- Project manage implementation of new processes to production stage at vendors and ensure proper training protocols are followed for all stakeholders.
- Assist in arranging and conducting local vendor compliance audits to ensure vendor is meeting contract and SLA requirements.
- Lead global reviews of Channel Operations and highlight where improvements can be made, working with channel stakeholders to deliver these improvements.
- Experience in managing complex BPO contracts and vendors, understanding how they are structured around service level commitments, performance and deliverables, and how to lead and influence decisions as they apply to the execution of the contract.
- 5+ years demonstrated Supply Chain business experience and ability to set clear expectations for vendors based around business outcomes within a global, multi-site operation.
- Proven performance on challenging the status-quo via a growth mindset – strive for continuous improvement in Operations and execution for a solid balance of beneficial outcomes for Microsoft and our customers in all aspects of decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (MBA a plus).
- A minimum of 5 years accumulated BPO management experience, supporting a global delivery business.
- Proven project/program management skills
- Demonstrated presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Able to work across cultures effectively, valuing diversity.
- Working knowledge of international business practices.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project) products.
- Solid understanding of an end-to-end Supply Chain and the value/cost drivers that Supply Chain Management and Strategy can drive.
- Cross-functional collaboration skills and the ability to effectively manage through complex business issues.
- Data-oriented, analytical and detail oriented, yet balanced with an ability to be able to step back from the data to draw out the right business approach for conclusion.
- Demonstrated communication, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Proven experience of influencing other organizations and individuals where their support is critical to success.
- A solid understanding of change management, the importance of it, approaches, key tasks, and timelines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced multinational environment working across multiple lines of business.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work to break down its parts and structure a solution.
- Ability to assess current business process performance and highlight improvements.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.