|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Cosmos DB is Microsoft’s next generation globally distributed, massively scalable, multi-model cloud database service. It is designed to enable developers to build planet-scale applications. Azure Cosmos DB is one of the fastest growing Azure services. Joining the Azure Cosmos DB team is a fantastic opportunity to work with highly talented engineers operating like a startup, and to deliver on our next set of big challenges
We are looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals who are passionate in the areas of Database Storage, Indexing, High Availability, Distributed Runtime and OSS APIs. We are providing the world a scalable fault tolerant world-wide replicated database and massive scale-up compute. These systems are used solve the toughest financial, IoT, warehousing, AI and state-management problems along with many other solution areas such as gaming. These solutions capture the needs of the hobbyist developer to the Fortune 500 companies. This job requires a broad set of developer and program management skills.
- 5+ years of industry programming experience
- 5+ years of experience shipping high-performance C++ or C#/Java code server software
- In-depth understanding of distributed systems and/or Operating System internals is highly preferred.
- Leading or managing high-performing engineering teams that work on system software, is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline (OR) in place of 3+ years of internship in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline (OR) in place of 3+ years of industry engineering experience in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.