|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference. The mission of Flipgrid is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voice and respect the diverse voices of others. The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers 100M+ learners, families and organizations across 180 countries. (Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!)
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about culture as well as developing extraordinary products that engage the Flipgrid community. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. Big vision, an inclusive purpose, a passion for quality, curiosity as well as grit, and an investment in fun and collaboration are what lead to great results.
You are a brilliant problem solver, an excellent communicator, a self-starter with a passion for great design that can have an impact on millions of people. You would contribute to each facet of the visual design process: information architecture; research and usability; rapid prototyping and wireframing; brand integration, social asset creation and ideation and beyond. You will be directly involved in our web engagement initiatives, working across our marketing, help and blog sites. You possess a rare blend of thoughtful visual, social understanding and community engagement, including an ability to execute rapidly, constantly working to refine your skills. You will partner with our Flipgrid community engagement team to ideate social campaigns and listen and respond to the community for inspiration and feedback. You need to be a great creator, collaborator, and communicator.
- Help create, develop, and manage Flipgrid’s outwardly facing web presence, offering thoughtful and joyful experiences, within a community-first focus.
- Maintain aesthetic coherence across the entire web experience, working to find meaningful expressions within brand standards and guidelines.
- Implement and develop web based visual expressions that are incredibly simple, thoughtful, and elegant, while being able to rapidly produce concepts to share with the team.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas, turning them into useful, actionable, delightful and valuable expressions for our growing community.
- Work diligently with the team to facilitate, collaborate, and contribute to a positive cultural environment, focused on implementation but also open to experimentation.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise the bar for quality. Review work together with the design group and iterate upon feedback.
- Continue to deepen knowledge and understanding of best practices, industry trends, and experience with web design and development at scale.
- Ensure all designs follow accessibility and inclusivity standards defined by WCAG, ADA, and MAS.
- Continually work to hone your skills and improve your craft and share with others.
- Qualified candidates should have 5+ years of web design and front-end development experience. Bonus for working on enterprise-level sites.
- Abilityto create designs in Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop or similar tools, working closely with the design team in a collaborative fashion.
- Strong problem solving, creativity, communication, and negotiation skills, including theability to work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary setting.
- Havea strong sense of visual aesthetics, including familiarity with leading web marketing trends across multiple platforms, as well as existing and emerging mediums.
- Experience working with editorial calendars, allowing for spontaneity and inspiration, as well as planned out, thoughtful execution of content-based platforms.
- Experience in developing and conducting a variety of usability testing, whileworking to understand and analyze community engagement.
- Demonstrable ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing, and our user community.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Understanding an array of brand guidelinesand overall design-driven requirements that shape current and future iterations of websites.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.