|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about open source technologies and interested in telling Microsoft’s journey as we continue to learn and grow in this space? Are you excited about developers and helping them achieve more with the breadth of tools and technologies Microsoft has to offer? If so, this might just be the right opportunity …and we’d LOVE to meet you!
In this role you will drive the broad storytelling for Microsoft's current and rapidly growing open source investments. This role is responsible for positioning and messaging, technical marketing content, and go-to-market activities with a specific focus to support Azure adoption with open source developer communities.
We are seeking an enthusiastic team member who understands open source technologies and communities and is curious to learn about both technical and marketing aspects of the role. This is an individual contributor role with visibility and the opportunity for growth by partnering with groups from across Microsoft and the community.
Our product marketing team is a tight-knit group of people who are passionate about open source technologies and the opportunities for developers to create new solutions with Microsoft tools and platforms. We work closely with product engineering team, our global field and the developer community at large. We feel strongly about putting our customers first, knowing our products and about guiding ourselves with data. If that sounds like the right environment for you, then please join us!
- Be the marketing subject matter expert for Microsoft's open source strategy and investments, including storytelling through different channels and collaborating to produce both internal and external communications.
- Build and evolve the end-to-end open source on Azure narrative inclusive of Linux on Azure, modern application development, developer tools, DevOps integrations (such as GitHub, Spinnaker, HashiCorp and more), open source databases (such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB and more), analytics, and ML services.
- Drive our web strategy for open source on Azure and own content updates on Azure.com
- Lead the Azure go-to-market strategy and plan to tell the Microsoft open source strategy and story and the value we deliver to various audiences (with devs as a primary audience) from product positioning to maintaining a technical marketing bill of materials to execution of activities across channels. You’ll be both orchestrating others as well as rolling up your own sleeves to do so.
- Engage and win-over influencers with product advocacy.
- Design offers and solutions that are custom-built to the needs of these target audiences to further Azure adoption.
- Work broadly across Open Source at Microsoft team, Azure engineering, marketing teams, global sales and field stakeholders to create technical content for enablement (whitepapers,100-300 level pitch decks, E-books, demo assets, training, videos, and website content) that is easily consumable by corporate teams, WW field, and Microsoft Partners.
- Partner with PR and AR teams for press and analyst briefings.
- Lead presence and content strategy for Open Source community events included session messaging and decks.
- Experience in bringing open source technologies to market and collaborating with teams on best practices in doing so.
- Demonstrated understanding of messaging targeted to different audiences (BDM, TDM, and developer), as well as technical breadth and understanding of developer tools, languages, database services, DevOps, and Security is desired.
- Deep technical breath and understanding of PaaS and cloud platform (Containers, Kubernetes), Spring Cloud, modern app development, DevOps integrations, and cloud platforms (Azure in particular) is required.
- Storytelling: demonstrated ability to create narratives targeted to different developer segments, delivering clear outcomes and a call to action.
- Passion to proactively and quickly learn new and emerging technologies and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architectures to technical audiences.
- Solid project management and cross-group collaboration skills are critical to your success in this position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Public speaking experience, as well as experience messaging to developer audiences.
- Minimum of four years of technical product marketing / product management and/or technical evangelism experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.