|Job Type:||Full Time|
Does working on technology platforms used to protect a billion users worldwide and improve our overall cybersecurity response process sound exciting to you? If so, come join us on the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) Engineering team!
We build and maintain the internal tools, APIs, and web portals powering Microsoft's security vulnerability response and resolution process. We work closely with teams across the company as well as external communities of customers and security researchers.
We're a cross-functional, agile team with a startup mentality and we care deeply about our users and products. We foster an open-minded, fun, inclusive culture and we value learning and growth. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where everyone can bring their best selves to work and make a tangible impact on the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the MSRC, you'll have the opportunity to lead a variety of projects using modern frameworks and the latest Azure offerings. We’re responsible for a broad range of systems supporting a diverse set of business scenarios, so you’ll have some flexibility to follow your personal passions and contribute where you’re most interested.
Note: security expertise not required. This is a great opportunity to get into the world of cybersecurity and learn modern DevSecOps. Interested? We'd love to hear from you!
- Develop creative solutions to support our business objectives and deliver great user experiences
- Own complex features end-to-end and lead the process through planning, development, and release
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and fellow engineers to define requirements and propose solutions
- Design and support modern, scalable, highly-performant code and system architectures
- Communicate and document technical capabilities and plans to stakeholders and peers
- Maintain engineering fundamentals regarding availability, quality, privacy, and accessibility
- 6+ years of professional experience building and maintaining large-scale cloud applications or services.
- 4+ years of experience writing code, debugging, and problem-solving in one of the following languages and frameworks:
- C# and .NET Core
- 4+ years participating in an agile team feature planning process
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure in Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Proven track record of individual leadership and mentorship
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations
- Familiarity with Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Understanding of Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) and the OWASP Top 10
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.