|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who are we?
The C+AI (Azure) revenue planning & strategy team is a collection of former consultants, investment bankers and corporate finance professionals residing in Microsoft’s Cloud + AI Finance organization. We are tasked with driving long term strategic planning for our $50B+ Intelligent Cloud products and services business. Our team is a thought leader and trusted business partner for complex challenges such as pricing, business model, product planning, financial planning, strategy, partnerships, and M&A.
We are looking for people who are proven team leaders, thrive under ambiguous challenges, work in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for technology, partner well with executives, and roll-up their sleeves to drive data-based analysis. Ability to frame a complex problem, solid analytical skills, and intellectual curiosity are key to success within our team. Furthermore, experience managing teams is a critical requirement.
We are hiring a Finance Director who will be focused on our multibillion-dollar Azure Security and Programs business portfolio. This role is focused on influencing business model, investments, product roadmap and incubations in close collaboration with Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Finance. This individual will develop assertions triangulating between customer needs, competitive landscape, partner dynamics, value chain analysis, product roadmap, and financial evaluation. It is an exciting time for Microsoft and Azure. We thrive as a multi-disciplinary team and seek to constantly improve by bringing out the best in each team member.
- Support and lead a finance team; provide coaching, develop talent, priority setting, and leadership for all team members
- Lead Azure Security and Programs revenue planning & business model decision making processes
- Lead Azure long-range planning and compete exercises, together with stakeholders across marketing and engineering teams, as well as other finance teams. Act as the growth agitation agent for the business
- Collaborate with relevant groups from marketing, business development, R&D, and partner sales teams to drive both organic & inorganic strategy setting and decision-making
- Build and refine robust growth and decision support frameworks to drive partner & ecosystem success
- Conducting financial and scenario analysis to ensure business and financial success of new programs and offers from a customer + revenue growth, profitability and usage perspective
- Act as a culture champion driving continuous improvement & leading to “best place to work” environment
Requirements and Qualifications
- 10+ years of demonstrated finance work experience including leading a team
- Ability to lead and influence business partners through executive maturity and balanced self-awareness
- People management experience with demonstrated excellence
- Polished interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated drive; ability to effectively manage multiple projects, have attention to detail, and work effectively under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organizations, creating effective business partnerships
- Deep understanding of the technology industry, particularly in commercial public and private cloud services, business models and economics
- BA/BS degree in finance, business, economics, computer science; accounting or related field; MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.